College Park, MD (DC too)

My daughter is headed to UMD next year. Wondering if there are any good BYO spots in College Park?

The grill in the Cambria Hotel allows corkage. Food is solid with friendly service.

Congratulations. Your daughter will have a great time. Both my wife and I are Terps.

I don’t know much about the lay of the land food wise these days.

Congrats to your daughter! A little bit out of the way, but worth the drive (15 miles north) in Laurel MD is Jailbreak Brewery. Great upscale bar food and a killer wine list (in addition to excellent beers). Owned and run by Berserker Justin Bonner.

Disclaimer: Justin is a friend so I may be a little biased.

Thx for the love Greg! Yes…we do allow corkage. Just need to call or email ahead and we accommodate for a $20 charge per bottle. The list is pretty decent too at over 500 selections.

500 selections! Beer or wine? I will have to get over there and check it out.

Congrats to your daughter - I’m a fellow Terp as well.

Not much high end in College Park that I recall, but a bit away in Bethesda are a lot of great places. We went to Duck Duck Goose a week or so ago and that was a good experience. Allowed corkage at $25 or $30 a bottle. Annapolis is also always worth visiting if you’re willing to drive the 30 or so minutes. Beautiful down on the waterfront.

Come down to DC a couple stops on the yellow/green lines to U Street and go from there. Lots of good eating and plenty of places that allow corkage.

Reach out if you have plans to visit!