Full Malo

Hi,
I was wondering if there are any Riesling producers who put the wines completely through malolactic fermentation and ferment to technical dryness. If there were, I would be keen to check them out.
Thanks.

You don’t say where. Germany? Austria? Champagne (where it’s common)?

Let’s say Alsace and Germany.

Edit: I realize I left the word “Riesling” out of my original post. Please forgive me.

Alsace I don’t know.

Malo is anathema for German Riesling. That doesn’t mean it never happens! Now and again a wine will sneak into malo, often partially, and for some of the dry wines this can be a helpful nuance - if that’s all it is.

You’ll encounter it more often in Pinot Blancs and Pinot Gris. The reds too, of course. But with Riesling it’s either a mistake or an accident.

What is it that the Germans are terrified of, or is just too big a game changer in terms of mouthfeel and aromatics? Thanks.

I wouldn’t say “terrified.” But remember that the German Riesling grower wants to preserve acidity and primary fruit. He’s looking for a BRILLIANT wine, not an opulent one. It’s not supposed to be soft. It’s supposed to show the flavors it was born with and (as much as humanly possible) ONLY those flavors. So the malo diactyl (sp?) is unwelcome.

Thank you.