ALINE BALY - Necessary components of an ageable Barsac / Sauternes gold wine

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

ALINE BALY - Necessary components of an ageable Barsac / Sauternes gold wine

#1 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Ms. Baly,

What do you feel are the necessary components of a golden wine that can "age well"? Obviously, there are "ideal" components of an "ageable" golden wine, but I'm curiuos as to what you believe the absolutely necessary components are -- as in, without these components, a golden wine has no shot of aging well.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

AlineBaly

Re: ALINE BALY - Necessary components of an ageable Barsac / Sauternes gold wine

#2 Post by AlineBaly »

If you've got acidity, residual sugar and alcohol -- your wine will age.

Now to age well you need to have balance between these three components.
---
Aline Baly
Twitter: @ChateauCoutet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chateau.coutet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Doing things differently leads to something exceptional" - Absolut Vodka
(hey, one finds inspiration wherever one can)

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: ALINE BALY - Necessary components of an ageable Barsac / Sauternes gold wine

#3 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Cool. I was curious if "acid(ity)" was going to be part of your answer. I asked the question because I often hear that low-acid gold wines do not age well, but have always wondered if perhaps they would/could age well on the basis of fruit concentration and residual sugar. (I often hear such remarks in regards to the 2003 vintage, which I personally love). [cheers.gif]
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

AlineBaly

#4 Post by AlineBaly »

And we've got a thread that addresses just that: the 2003! Which I need to respond to...
---
Aline Baly
Twitter: @ChateauCoutet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chateau.coutet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Doing things differently leads to something exceptional" - Absolut Vodka
(hey, one finds inspiration wherever one can)

Return to “Special Wine Guests - Aline Baly (Archive)”