BerserkerDay 2012 - Jan 27 TOMORROW! UPDATES POSTED HERE

Yes, folks, it is coming! BerserkerDay 2012 is soon upon us, once again.

With the new BerserkerDay Committee at my disposal, and some really creative minds and helpful acts from them, we’re already looking to be FAR larger and more exciting than it ever was before.

We are looking to have an e-commerce site (without any credit card processing, just taking orders and forwarding them securely on to the owners, so there is no actual trade done, as WineBerserkers is not licensed to transact wine) whereby the wineries will enter their own items, prices, and quantities, and it works just like a standard shopping cart (again, without the actual transaction taking place, just forwarding on to the winery/owner). Each deal will be posted on the forum to encourage discussion and allow people to ask questions and get feedback from others, as that’s half the fun!

We are also looking at getting an auction going, and tying it in with the Telluride Ski-Wine-Dine Festival in February, where members can consign items to an auction that will be held live and online on Super Bowl Sunday, in Telluride. We’d want to partner with one of our Berserker wine auction reps for this, so feel free to contact me directly with your ideas. The goal is to have an auction consignment push during the time when everyone is spending gobs of money on the great BerserkerDay deals - so at least it FEELS like a wash!

So what wineries are participating, you ask? Well, let me tell you.

I’m assuming all those from last year are going to renew, as they all loved the sales, and it was a HUGE success. Let’s count all those in for now, plus add these new participants:

Alpha Omega Winery
Angel Vine
Arcadian
Ayoub
Balius
Beacon Hill
Big Table Farm
Biggio Hamina
Briceland Vineyards
Cabot
Chester’s Anvil
Clos Saron
Coastview
Congruence
Dacalier
Down to Earth Wines
Eric Kent
EMH Vineyards
Fogline Vineyards
Harrington Wine
Jaffurs
Jean Edwards
Jemrose
Ladd Cellars
Lagier Meredith
Loring Wine Company
Match Vineyards
Patricia Green
Peay
Retour
Sandler
Siduri
Sojourn
Stefania
Joseph Swan
Tercero Wines
The Wine Cellar
The Wine Check
Vincent Wine
Vino V Wines
Weygandt Wines
Windy Oaks
Zalto

Seriously, you had better start saving your money NOW!

For those who do not know, BerserkerDay was named for the day it was founded at its current location on the web, with the URL wineberserkers.com.
History of BerserkerDay: Special thanks go out to Mark Squires for giving us our name (attached file below) and Melissa McCall for capturing the moment, before the word that bore our community became a banned word…

When watching your computer screen on Jan 27th, it is likely you will look like this.

Great, now I have to ski with my tablet. There is wifi on the chairlifts right

Why are you planning events on BerserkerDay? Are you mad?

Hey if it’s a powder day I know what I’ll be doing.

You Planned this not me. neener If there is no wifi on the slopes, can you just be at the bottom of gold hill lift and after every run we can check in? [thankyou.gif]

EDIT: OK so I do not know how to read a calender.

BerserkerDay is before Telluride

Already planning on taking the day off, filled with wine buying and consuming, it is a Friday this year.

My post from January 28, 2011:

Wine Berserkers: Vacation Request (by Steve Gautier)

It wasn’t hard to figure out what day it would be in 2012 [stirthepothal.gif]

Last year’s BerserkerDay coincided with one of the major snowstorms on the East Coast. Couldn’t get to work, so spent the day outside with the kids and buying wine. Todd, please arrange for the snowstorm.

[dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Any possible way to list the wineries from last year since all of us were not here then?

Is Cameron Hughes getting involved this year?

Last year was a blast and I got a few wines I really enjoyed. I have already re-ordered from P.B. Hein. [cheers.gif]

Ask Cameron!

I’m sure he will…now that he has pressure to do so…

Peruse this → BerserkerDay Forum (Jan 27, 2012) - WineBerserkers

UGH!!! Flying back from London that day… Wonder if there will be wifi over the Atlantic?

Tanaro River Imports will, of course, still offer us some goodies…

Working on a sweet combo with Zalto, and I know Jeb is hard at work getting other deals.

We’re counting on you, George…and most trans-Atlantic flights have wifi now, don’t they?

I certainly hope that’s true about the WiFi!

I’ll get with Carrie and Randy and we what we can work out.

Dacalier and PB Hein is in. Working on the deals as we speak.

Replace “kids” with “dogs” and you have my day. Though given my purchases, maybe I should request that you arrange for it to not snow.