Windy Oaks - 3-pack Sampler

At Zachary Lang’s request, I’m posting Windy Oaks. There are two prices (as you see near the bottom), with extra special pricing on Wine Group members (like me!)

Windy Oaks

The orders can come right through on our secure website page: https://windyoaksestate.com/wine_order.html Buyers should just indicate in the Comments section that this is the special Bottle Bundle. Here are the tasting notes for the 3 wines:

2009 Estate Pinot Noir, Terra Narro
· Very pretty, transparent, medium ruby; cherry and red berry compote on the nose with undertones of earth and fallen leaves
· Mostly cranberry fruit on the palate, plus herbal and savory notes; spicy and peppery at mid-palate; some peppery bite on the finish too
· Very attractive wine and an exceptional value – a great everyday drinking wine
· Aged 15 months, 35% new French oak, 384 cases

2009 Estate Pinot Noir, Cuvée
· Luminous medium ruby; subtle aromas of pot-pourri, camphor and talc
· Barely sweet attack followed by a nice concerto of red fruit, barrel-derived spice and underpinning minerality
· Black fruit flavors, licorice, and ferrous notes emerge after mid-palate; soft-edged, mouth-coating, mid-weight and elegant, with a very long finish
· Engaging already, and serious, but also very promising for the longer haul
· Aged 17 months, 45% new French oak, 410 cases

2008 Estate Pinot Noir, 100% Whole Cluster
· Brilliant garnet color; an initially reticent but then quite intense nose of flowers, red fruit, mesquite and juniper berries
· On the palate, a hint of fruit sweetness buffers the savory, herbal signature of berries fermented in the presence of their stems; noticeable grip, great length and decidedly elegant
· Once upon a time, all red grapes were fermented without destemming, but the 100% whole cluster protocol is now unusual, even in Burgundy
· Aged 21 months, 45% new French oak, 173 cases

The actual undiscounted cost of the 3 wines is $123; WineBerserker price is $99 for regular customers; $90 for our Wine Group members.

I think this link works better, couldn’t get the other one to work.

https://windyoaksestate.com/wine_order.html

I’m a wine club member and have purchased way too much Windy Oaks, but very tempting… ughhh, must pace myself.

Wooo Hoooo!!!

I tasted (and bought) all three of these on a visit to the winery a few weeks ago. Great wines at a really nice package price today.

I fixed the original post - the formatting didn’t transfer correctly

the Cuvée is tasty :slight_smile: still barely holding on to those from the wine club shipment.

the whole clusters I have kept my greedy hands off

and the case of estate is long long gone…

Can’t wait to try these!

I hope I orderd it correctly. Thanks!

in for a 3 pack.

Another great offer. Thanks.

In. Been meaning to try them…

In for three, wanted to try this. Thanks for the offer!

Folks who are ‘trying’ Windy Oaks - they are NOT early drinkers. All but the Wood Tank Fermented really need a couple years to sort out, but they are fantastic once they do!

i’m not very patient, but will put them away for a while… thanks Todd