Congruence Wines - '08 and '09 Cabernets

Congruence Wines

2008 and 2009 Napa (soon to be Coombsville) Cabernet Sauvignon. $10 off per bottle and shipping included (normal price is $75 per and shipping not included in price). Coupon code “berserkers” at checkout.

http://congruence.securewinemerchant.com/Purchase

Notes and discussion are in these threads:

forum/search.php?keywords=congruence&terms=all&author=&fid[]=1&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Note to users. You can also check out the notes on CellarTracker. The style is somewhat more restrained, less new oak and better acidity than most Napa cabs (imo). 80% of the sourced cab sauvignon grapes in both vintages are from Coombsville, so these could be labeled now as Coombsville wines. New oak is at 60% on the 08 and 40% on the 09.

The 09 is a bit more ripe than the 08 and has more of a great petit verdot added into the cab than the 08. 08 is 94% cab sauv, 5% cabernet franc from Stag’s Leap and 1% petit verdot. 09 is 92, 3 and 5 respectively.

If you are a fan of very ripe, heavily oaked cabs, this is probably not your cup of tea. The wine performs very well at the dinner table. The 08 cab, for example, pulled away from the 2008 World’s End and the 2008 Myriad Dr. Crane wines when served at the same meal as time went on.

Tried to place order but unfortunately they currently are unable to ship to New York. Bummer.

Steve may be able to arrange a local pick up?

That is an error. Let me check into it. Chris is correct. PM me.

Great wines made by a hell of a great guy! Popped an '08 with my parents over the holidays in Chicago and it is already drinking well! Keep up the great work Steve! -mJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gives some big names a run for the money.
I am a fan. [cheers.gif]

2009 Congruence Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (11/20/2011)
Tasted at the release party on 11/19/2011.
Double decanted 3-4 hours in advance.
I must say I have always been a fan of Steve’s wines since inception and this one does not disappoint. Its super fragrant with a heady dose of Petite Verdot coming through nicely. (Amazing how only 5% can do that). This is the most structured and backward of the three vintages. Black fruits of black cherry, small dense blackberries and cassis with an interesting brambly quality. Long and focused with a complicated array of tannins. Be kind and give this a year at least. It will pay dividends. (92 pts.)[/quote]

The problem with shipping to New York is being corrected. It may take a few days. I am keeping the offer open for a week, so if you’re from NY, wait until sometime next week to place your order or contact me to discuss options.