Balius Wines Proprietary Red 25% off and more

Balius Wines

Another repeat BerserkerDay offer, I ended up enjoying Balius myself last year, and bought some for my Moderators!

2009 Balius Red Caldwell Vineyard - $30 retail

25% discount = $22.50/btl
Buy 6 or more and pay only $20.00/btl and free ground shipping
If you live in one of the following states, please contact Balius Wines for more information on shipping: GA, IN, KY, ME, MA, MD, PA, TN, and UT.

Order: sales@baliuswines.com

Please note: all orders should be emailed to: sales@baliuswines.com

If you’re paying with cc, I’ll provide phone or fax numbers to get me the info.

And a bit more info on the wine…

• Aged in 100% French oak barrels, 60% new, for 20 months
• 13.6% alcohol
• Only 750 cases produced

2009 Balius Tasting Note
The 2009 Balius Red exhibits a gorgeous purple core with dark ruby
reflections. The nose is layered with macerated red berries, blackberry
coulis, clove, anise, and a hint of sweet tobacco. The medium to full-bodied
palate is filled with dark red and black fruits, cocoa powder, and a touch of
spice cake, and it shows off its gorgeous concentration in the 30+ second finish.
The balance of acidity, alcohol, and tannins provide everything this wine
will need to age effortlessly for 7-10 years.

Thanks!!

e-mail sent

DOH! e-mail re-directed!

Opening a bottle of this tonight so will post a TN in a few hours. Tastings of their Pinot and chard have way outperformed their price levels; full disclosure, Chris is a good friend of mine, and he sent me bottles of Balius free to get my opinion as a friend. He knows he gets no favoritism on any TNs though!

Good man, Alan! I was going to email you to let you know you should crack a bottle open. Very curious to hear your thoughts…I’m loving this wine right now.

Ok, popped this open about 15 minutes ago. Have to admit, this is different from what I was expecting - in a good way. I assumed it was going to ripe, approachable Napa red for consumption in the near term. It is very Napa on the nose - sweet purple fruits, with present but judicious oak… the palate is what surprised me. Feels cooler climate on the palate - very controlled ripeness, alcohol not noticeable at all, and a considerable amount of tannin - this is more of an ager than I thought. What really makes this wine so far is the acidity - a juicy plum streak keeps this taut and tensile.

Honestly, I think this needs a couple of years. The nose is starting to open up and give a bit of floral - purple violets, that kind of stuff. A touch of licorice on the palate coming out now too. Nicely done, Chris. I’ll continue to update this evening as the wine gets some air.