Who do you ship domestic/internationally with?

Discussions and questions (vintages, winemaking, etc) for those ITB. All are welcome to post.
Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Who do you ship domestic/internationally with?

#1 Post by Adam Frisch »

To my winery owner/operations friends:

Who do you use for your international shipping of pallets and larger orders? Is there a one-stop-shop for both domestic and international?

I have, as a small winery, not really focused on international much, but now I'm getting requests.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Khargadon
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Who do you ship domestic/internationally with?

#2 Post by Khargadon »

If you use UPS you can ship small orders through normal UPS brown truck and larger orders both domestically and internationally with their Supply Chain Solutions division which is a freight forwarder. I can help you get set up if you need. Just PM me.
Kevin Hargadon

Stewart Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Stewart Johnson »

Hillenbrand does both domestic and overseas. I've never initiated the shipping with them, but they show up at the winery for pallets to both Japan and the US.
ITB
Kendric Vineyards

Paul Gordon
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#4 Post by Paul Gordon »

Hillebrand is the only game in town for pallet shipments out of the US. They are a pain in the ass to deal with - coordinating pick-up seems to stretch their organization to the limit!

Paul
Paul Gordon
Halcon Vineyards

William Gladstone
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#5 Post by William Gladstone »

Adam Frisch wrote: May 13th, 2021, 8:05 pm To my winery owner/operations friends:

Who do you use for your international shipping of pallets and larger orders? Is there a one-stop-shop for both domestic and international?

I have, as a small winery, not really focused on international much, but now I'm getting requests.
if you would write to the woman on our staff she can give you names,
Hillebrand is one of a half dozen, it depends on all the factors and Erika can be more helpful,

write to
Erika@williamgladstoneimports.com

H Wallace Jr
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#6 Post by H Wallace Jr »

Your exporter should arrange all transport, pick the wines up at your warehouse, and unless you have a super super tight relationship, they should wire 100% of the invoice for pickup.

You should only need to fill out forms, affix an importer label (if needed) , and provide labs (if needed).
Hardy Wallace itb
Dirty and Rowdy Family Winery: Mourvèdre and Semillon Together at Last

Doug Schulman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Doug Schulman »

As Hardy says, almost all wine shipments are ex-works. I would be interested to know why this isn't the case for you, Adam, if you're operating otherwise (if you're comfortable sharing). Everyone I know of from tiny to very large producers, in the US and elsewhere, all operate this way.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#8 Post by Adam Frisch »

Oh, that's good info. I've not yet come that far, just talking to distr at this stage. I thought it was up to me to help arrange shipping, but even better if it's up to them.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Return to “Cellar Rats (ITB)”