Most Played Albums of Harvest 2017

So, what was the soundtrack in your cellar?

Sounds like I’d enjoy working in your cellar! I am doing an experiment this year where I play only one album while working with each cuvee. I went with different albums from the same band where the fruit source and pick dates were the same (you know, so the grapes didn’t get confused!)

Skin Contact Traminette: Can - Future Days
Traminette Pet Nat: Can - Ege Bamyasi
Chardonnay: The Velvet Underground - Loaded
Blanc de Blancs: The Velvet Underground - White Light White Heat
Cab Franc Rose: The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Cab Franc - The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
Riesling: Popol Vuh - Einsjäger & Siebenjäger
Wild Cider: Everything I Play Is Funky - Lou Donaldson
Golden Wild Cider with Quince: Interstellar Space - John Coltrane

The cellar was a hodge podge of different things this year, but when I took the reins I leaned on Com Truise - Iteration. Uptempo, good beat - keeps things moving.

Nice. Ege Bamyasi is the only Can album I can get away with playing, enough rhythm for everyone. I’m a massive Popol Vuh fan but wouldn’t put that on anyone.

I played some Laraaji the other day when I thought I was alone but got some complaints.

ok, wow, this thread is fantastic.

What I listened to throughout the fires as I worked on winemaking. Perfect sorrow/optimism.

0y3aXey6CPI

Heavy rotation too

8vFHPdbHrMQ

When I needed to punch through that giant zin cap

m7p4yIOguNY

Lotta Tom petty the 2nd half of harvest

I’m a slave to Pandora, and, even there, I’m often too lazy/busy to choose more carefully than “shuffle.” Galactic, Morphine and Medeski, Martin and Wood stations got heaviest rotation. Some things got moved way down the playlist when they don’t seem to suit crush (Primus, Rage Against the Machine) and some things moved up. Grand Funk Railroad graduated from kitsch to guilty pleasure to this-totally-suits-the-mood. The involuntary-dance-while-you-work song turned out to be “How you like me now” how you like me now - Suchen which seems to show up under half my Pandora stations.

The one I heard the most was probably, Tortoise - 'Millions living now will never die", but this crew got around, plenty of good metal, corridos, tropicalia. Now when I walked into the winery and heard Nickelback going, somebody nearly lost their job.

Saw these guys in concert many years ago. It was awesome, going to put that album on now