Harvest Initiated Aug 20, 2018

Never been the full in charge person at our winery before. I have to say, I’m still grieving and will be for quite sometime to come, but the grapes don’t wait so I need to get myself prepared. I have a good seasoned team so, let’s see how we can do this…

Nola - If you have questions as time goes on about the upcoming harvest ask questions as many would like to help and can offer up good answers and advice.

I’ll come to Spain!!

I may take you up on it!!

Chardonnay was in on Monday: 2,700 liters. Best harvest ever! It’s in the isothermic tank fermenting. We did not import the Chardonnay in the past because we didn’t have enough to satisfy our other clients. This year I will be bringing a pallet in.
Chardonnay Vineyard2.JPG
Chardonnay1.JPG
Chardonnay fermenting.JPG
Chardonnay in isothermic fermenting.JPG
Chardonnay2.JPG

Merlot came in yesterday. 335 crates, Best harvest ever. Juan must be watching over the vineyards!!

Merlot Vineyard.jpg
Merlot3.JPG
Merlot2.jpg
Merlot.jpg

Awesome!

All looks good ! I’m sure Juan is there as your wingman.

Beautiful clusters. Congratulations on a good harvest!

Those grapes look fantastic!

Very nice! Congrats on such a good harvest.

Tempranillo is coming in today!
8CE74DE1-E577-4F8D-B36E-7AF58971C96F.jpeg
FB1CF6B1-6B68-4992-A290-D0A73D51119A.jpeg
A215C248-1BC8-46FB-89AB-951FA4D84445.jpeg

Nola - I thought of you this morning as I entered my vineyard and had a snake - about 2 feet long - ease its way along in front of me. Yuck! I backed away and came in to Google what I saw: a black snake with white rings all up and down its disgusting body. My neighbor said they are the friendliest of snakes and he would relocate it for me if I see it again. Never would be too soon!

I have seen black snakes sunning themselves next to the winery, but not for many years…no thank you!!

It was a King Snake…I left that part out.

[swoon.gif]

So happy to read of the good harvest Nola … and cheering you on!

Merrill those are harmless to humans and highly beneficial: Diet includes rodents and rattlesnakes.

(In California the only dangerous snakes have rattles on their tails.)

Kim

Yes, that’s what my neighbor told me, too. I usually have at least one rattlesnake each year. I don’t think I had one last year, though, and none so far this year (as far as I know). I never saw one like this, so I backed away and went to google.

So, now you know why you haven’t seen a rattler and you want to get rid of it? [stirthepothal.gif]

It should be flirtysmile