White Hawk Syrah for Home Winemaker

As a home winemaker I’ve been a religious reader of the Cellar Rats Vintage Weather threads for years. Many thanks to the professional vineyard managers that post there regularly. I have enjoyed reading about the ripening process and real-life accounts of vineyard management challenges as harvest approaches.

Speaking of harvest, I’m seeking advice about where I might post the availability of a small amount (350 lbs) of White Hawk Syrah (Los Alamos) for a home winemaking operation. I realize that this forum is more for professionals ITB.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick,

So you are purchasing from White Hawk and are getting more than you need - is that correct or am I reading into this incorrectly?

If I am correct, where are you located? If in LA, there is an LA Home Winemaker’s group - perhaps you can post there?

Cheers

Hi Larry,

That is correct. We committed to 700 lbs originally but have to pair back this year so I’m hoping to find someone who wants around 350 lbs.

I’m based in LA and know of the winemaking group you are referring to. We have posted a notice with them as well. There is another beer and winemaking shop in Eagle Rock where we are also going to post a flyer.

Thanks,

Patrick

These grapes have been sold. Thanks.