Wiring Euros

I did a quick search of this forum before paying some barrel bills to see if anyone had endorsed any particular MO recently. Since I didn’t find anything, and I’m tired of getting hosed by Wells Fargo for this service, I took a flyer on Transferwire Wise, Formerly TransferWise: Online Money Transfers | International Banking Features. There is some initial hoop jumping to get signed up, but it was pretty painless, and the rates and fees were much better than going thru my bank. I had used some other service a few years ago, but it involved phone calls and more hassle. Of course, I wish all brokers would send a bill payable in dollars, as Mel Knox’ progeny does for Francoise Freres and Taransaud. Until that happens, though, I’d say that Transferwire was a relatively slick fallback choice.

I’ve used Transferwise and found it great too.

I see that I was botching the name. Thanks for setting it straight.

Transferwise has great rates and is relatively painless, way better than using a bank.

I pay $45 per international wire transfer to my bank, regardless of the amount transferred. All it takes is a phone call. What’s the big deal?

Consider whether the additional counterparty risk and time taken is worth the money saved.

I occasionally use such a service but if it doesn’t make a serious saving I use my bank.

Another fan of TransferWise…easier and cheaper.

Banks are still charging for the old method of sending and confirming amounts. Nowadays it’s much easier and cheaper for them yet they still charge the same or more!!