Who do you ship domestic/internationally with?

To my winery owner/operations friends:

Who do you use for your international shipping of pallets and larger orders? Is there a one-stop-shop for both domestic and international?

I have, as a small winery, not really focused on international much, but now I’m getting requests.

If you use UPS you can ship small orders through normal UPS brown truck and larger orders both domestically and internationally with their Supply Chain Solutions division which is a freight forwarder. I can help you get set up if you need. Just PM me.

Hillenbrand does both domestic and overseas. I’ve never initiated the shipping with them, but they show up at the winery for pallets to both Japan and the US.

1 Like

Hillebrand is the only game in town for pallet shipments out of the US. They are a pain in the ass to deal with - coordinating pick-up seems to stretch their organization to the limit!

Paul

if you would write to the woman on our staff she can give you names,
Hillebrand is one of a half dozen, it depends on all the factors and Erika can be more helpful,

write to
Erika@williamgladstoneimports.com

Your exporter should arrange all transport, pick the wines up at your warehouse, and unless you have a super super tight relationship, they should wire 100% of the invoice for pickup.

You should only need to fill out forms, affix an importer label (if needed) , and provide labs (if needed).

As Hardy says, almost all wine shipments are ex-works. I would be interested to know why this isn’t the case for you, Adam, if you’re operating otherwise (if you’re comfortable sharing). Everyone I know of from tiny to very large producers, in the US and elsewhere, all operate this way.

Oh, that’s good info. I’ve not yet come that far, just talking to distr at this stage. I thought it was up to me to help arrange shipping, but even better if it’s up to them.

Yes, until they ship unrefrigerated to Texas (random example, not talking about anyone specific) in July.