A bit of Oregon: Terroir and Merroir, from Storyteller Wine and Ayres

This offer is a team effort, as apparently Michael Alberty and Brad McLeroy of Ayres can’t put together an offer by themselves. There’s talk that they also help each other dress in the morning, but that’s just rumor…and since it is Oregon, nobody is surprised.

Oregon Terroir and Merroir Offering

Brad McLeroy of Ayres Vineyard and I would like to invite you to partake of Oregon’s unique terroir and merroir. This offering includes a lineup of Brad’s 2011 Pinot Noirs, beautiful examples of the unique microclimate that is the Willamette Valley’s Ribbon Ridge AVA. In addition to the wine, I will include a sea salt offering from Ben Jacobsen and the Jacobsen Salt Company. Ben is the first person since Meriwether Lewis and William Clark to collect sea water from the Oregon Coast (in this case the pristine waters of Netarts Bay) and prepare a commercial product. It’s just about the best sea salt I have encountered. Here’s what you will get:

Two bottles of 2011 Ayres Vineyard Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (regular price: 25.00)
Brad blends his Ribbon Ridge Estate fruit with grapes from the Eola Hills to create one of Oregon’s best “bang for the buck” Pinot Noirs.

Two bottles of 2011 Ayres Vineyard Perspective Pinot Noir (regular price 32.00)
This is a tour de force of Ribbon Ridge with grapes from Brad’s estate combined with fruit from his immediate neighbors at Armstrong Vineyard (owned by fellow Berserker Doug Ackerman) and Saikkonen Vineyard.

One bottle of 2011 Ayres Vineyard Lewis Rogers Lane Pinot Noir (regular price 38.00)
According to Brad, “this is comprised of each and every producing clone on our estate vineyard: 667, 777, 115, 113, 114 and Pommard. If our vineyard could talk, this bottle is what it would say.”

One bottle of 2011 Ayres Vineyard Pioneer Pinot Noir (regular price 44.00)
The Pioneer is made exclusively from the oldest vines on Brad’s estate and it is 100% 667 clone. Brad and his family had to walk this little section of Ribbon Ridge themselves to clear every last stick, root and large rock of this section, and the earthy/leathery quality of the Pioneer always reminds them of that hard work.

An offering from of Jacobsen Salt Company (value of 10.00)

The value of this package is 206.00. Your price? A mere 149.00 plus shipping.

How to order: merely send a private message (PM) via Wine Berserkers to Michael Alberty or email me at howdy@storytellerwine.com to reserve your Oregon Terroir and Merroir offering.

I’ll throw an endorsement of the wines and Sea salt here, fabulous stuff!!!

Michael is one of the coolest ITB as well!

Email sent. I’m looking forward to trying these.

Love Brad’s wine! Best wine for the money in the Willamette Valley. Email sent

Ayres is excellent, but if you don’t know about Jacobsen salt, that alone should prompt an order.

Email sent earlier! Looking forward to trying everything!

Email sent. Can’t wait!

I don’t know why they didn’t throw in a bedtime story. [snort.gif]

I sent my email off for this yesterday. Can’t wait to try them!

Todd, please don’t forget Ben Jacobsen. This is Oregon so you just know a three-way is involved. And Brad and I do coordinate in the morning to avoid wearing the same Kansas Jayhawk shirts.

And thanks everybody!

And the six-packs are still moving! We will go until Brad cries out “no mas.” Hope he remembers his safe word.

ARMAGEDDON!

Email sent. Looking forward to it.