Ask and you shall receive - Cab Franc from Buttonwood Winery (free shipping!)

Yes, I asked specifically for some Cabernet Franc offers for BerserkerDay, and Buttonwood Winery stepped up to the plate! We’ve got a few Berserkers here who are friendly with the folks there, so hopefully they can chime in with some feedback and super secret notes on the wines, or the winemakers, or the type of glue they use on their labels…

Two-pack 2009 Cabernet Franc, $49, ground shipping included.

Review…
Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
2009 Cabernet Franc Santa Ynez Estate($22) Inky ruby. Complex aromas of cherry-cola, violet, cigar box and cracked pepper, with slow-building smokiness. Offers an array of sappy dark fruit flavors enlivened by tangy acidity. Finishes sweet, broad and long, with velvety tannins and lingering smoke and spice notes. I like this cabernet franc’s blend of richness and energy. 91

To order:
Send your credit card information (VISA/Mastercard/Amex) to me via email at info@buttonwoodwinery.com or FAX to (805) 688-6168. If you send an email, please put BerserkersDay Offer in the subject line. OR, pick up the phone and call us! 805.688.3032.

We’ll need the following information:

• Credit Card Number and name on card
  • Expiration Date
  • Billing Address
  • Shipping Address where someone 21 or older can sign for the wine
  • Phone Number
  • Email Address
  • Date of Birth (some states require for shipping)
    Cheers from The Farm!

Anyone order this or know about this Cab Franc? I’m debating it to try, since I’ve never had it.

Sorely tempted myself. Great price

I think Ken Zinns knows of it - worked in the tasting room?

I pulled the trigger. What do I have to lose? Free shipping is a great persuader, since I live on the East Coast. Thank you again, Todd and team. Cheers!

If you like your cab franc with some varietal character - ie some of the pyrazine elements that help make it what it is and are not masked by huge gobs of new oak - then you’ll enjoy Karen’s wines (Karen Steinwach is the winemaker). If you’re looking for something else, I’d probably go elsewhere. Hope that helps . . .

Cheers