Sonkin Cellars - with a free shipping offer!

Sonkin Cellars

Berserker Day Special

The 2010 Persona uses Syrah (98%) from the White Hawk Vineyard, one of the premier Syrah vineyards in the world. It saw one-third new oak and two-thirds neutral oak. A bit of Viognier from Catie’s Corner Vineyard (2%) was co-fermented with 2/3 of the Syrah which also received extended maceration giving it deep color, lovely aromatics and intensity. The result is a complex yet fruit forward Syrah that will drink well on release and for at least a decade. When consumed young, we recommend popping the cork and letting the wine breathe for a few hours before serving.

The 2010 SonkinCellars Persona is available at $39 (instead of its normal $46) per bottle. For those who would like to try it, we will offer a Berserker Day Special of free ground shipping on orders of 3 bottle or more. To Order use the following link:

https://sonkincellars.securewinemerchant.com

To get the FREE SHIPPING, use the Coupon Code BERSERKER. If you don’t see the Coupon Box, make sure your pop up blocker is turned off. Please PM me with any ordering issues. Thanks.

Here are the reviews:

Fresh and snappy, with a mix of vivid wild berry, fresh-turned earth and savory herb notes, gaining complexity and nuance, ending with a bright cherry and tobacco leaf touch. Drink now through 2021. 75 cases made. Wine Spectator/James Laube (Feb 28, 2013) 91 points

Quite a bit different than the ‘09, with more pure Syrah fruit characteristics and slightly less oak, the 2010 SonkinCellars Persona, also a blend of 98% Syrah (all from the White Hawk Vineyard) and 2% Viognier (from Cattie’s Corner Vineyard in Sonoma), offers up a smoky, meaty profile of crème de cassis, wet stone like minerality, chocolate, violets, and hints of pepper that flows seamlessly to a full-bodied, textured, and beautifully pure palate. Slightly less concentrated and rich than the ’09, yet every bit as impressive as a whole, with integrated acidity and plenty of ripe tannin, it needs another 1-2 years of bottle age, and will have 8-10 years or more of prime drinking. The Rhone Report/Jeb Dunnuck Dec. 18, 2012

Loren was nice enough to bring over a bottle of this last month when we did the Jemrose featured winery tasting. I already have a 6-pack but here’s my tasting note.

This was opened 48 hours before tasting. The nose is dead on roast beef / the juiciest steak ever. Very savory, though not much fruit on the nose. The palate is very meaty, but the fruit is also there along with a hint of balsamic vinegar. Acidic which contributes to a long finish, and also medium+ tannins. For my palate right now this is above & beyond the 09 and I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes with age, although Loren said in the long run he thinks the 09 may be better. 92DT

I bought a few bottles of the Persona when it was recently released, and have already opened a bottle. I don’t have my formal notes handy, but it is a very, very good wine.

Was thinking about this on release, but didn’t pull the trigger. Glad I waited!

I’m in for another 3-pack.

Just made this my first Berserker Day purchase ever. I’m kind of new here, so missed the previous Berserker days. Hard to find good, small producer wines with free shipping out here in the Dirty Jerz (New Jersey), so this is fantastic!!!

Spencer, where in NJ are you???

Welcome to Berserkers, Spencer. This may be an expensive day.

‘May’ be??? [cheers.gif] [wow.gif]

I’m in the Princeton area. Between my prior post and now I’ve already made another purchase and have my CC# handy. This could get interesting!

It certainly is addictive!!!

Order placed ! :slight_smile:

I’ve heard great things about the burgeoning Cleveland wine industry, so how can I not go in for 3? [cheers.gif]

I opened one recently, awesome wine! This is a great deal!

Now that there’s funny. [cheers.gif]

Loren,

I live on the west side of Cleveland and actually work downtown. Do any local wine shops sell your wine or is the best bet to capitalize on this offer? I’m already way over budget at this point, but what’s one more order? I have to support the local winemaker [cheers.gif]

Chad

Chad, it’s only sold through the sonkincellars.com website, take advantage of this deal ! Thank you, Tom

Thanks Tom. It was a last ditch effort to mitigate the damage to my visa. Placing an order shortly. I do enjoy when local guys get good publicity.

Thanks Chad, look forward to tasting through some wines with you. Stay in touch with Loren, best regards Tom

Order placed. Really looking forward to trying these. I’ll definitely post my notes when I get to taste.