Finally...Patricia Green Cellars

I don’t want to upset the mob waiting for Patty Green, so here it is!

Patricia Green Cellars

We decided to put together three separate offerings with distinct yet related themes to them. Hope everyone finds something they like!

Out With the Old: As any winery owner here can testify, when you don’t own a vineyard that source can sometimes go away for any number of reasons.

From the 2010 vintage we have four bottlings that were the last bottling we will produce from these sites.

2010 Bishop Creek Vineyard Pinot Noir: Lovely larger scale bottling of 20+ year old Wadensvil and Pommard clones. Mutual decision to stop doing business together.

2010 Eason Vineyard Pinot Noir: Dundee Hill Pommard from 26 year old vines. We managed the vineyard for 17 years. Vineyard sold to Eyrie Winery.

2010 Four Winds Vineyard Pinot Noir: Pommard clone from 17 year old vines in the Coast Range Foothills. Sometimes it is time to end a relationship even if it is 15 years in the making.

2010 Wahle Vineyard Pinot Noir: Personal favorite from the vintage.
Pommard, Wadensvil and Upright clones co-fermented from vines planted in 1974. One time deal.

Normal retail price for the 4 wines would be $150 ($30, $42, $36 and $42 respectively). We will offer to Berserkers for $120 including shipping (mainland USA).

The Present: 2011 vintage is a unique and distinct vintage with characteristics that remind us of aspects of the 2008 and 1993 vintages.

This is a three-pack selection of wines from three separate appellations that are particular favorites.

2011 Estate Vineyard, Old Vine Pinot Noir: Pommard clone from sections of our vineyard planted between 1984-1990. High levels of minerality are the defining characteristic.

2011 Olenik Vineyard, Wadensvil Clone Pinot Noir: 1991 planting from one of our favorite sites to work with. Opulent but tightly focused at the same time.

2011 Durant Vineyard Pinot Noir: 1972 planting of Pommard in the Dundee Hills. A brilliant and intense Pinot with Dundee Hill sweetness but old vine restraint.

Normal retail price for the three wines would be $134 ($40, $42 and $52).
Offering this up to Berserkers for $100 including shipping.

The Future: Not working with all those vineyards mentioned earlier certainly means that we needed to find a new source of fruit to maintain our size. In 2012 we struck up a relationship with Freedom Hill Vineyard which is inarguably one of Oregon’s top sites. In fact we have 84 barrels of it spread over 5 sections and 3 clones of the vineyard. Now the cool thing about this offering is that it is free. We will certainly produce a 2012 Freedom Hill Pinot Noir bottling and more likely two or three bottlings given the diversity we have to work with. If you are interested in acquiring this/these wines from a great vineyard and a seemingly great vintage (the wines from Freedom Hill are already outrageous) simply put in for this offer and receive EITHER an extra 5% off of futures offerings or an extra 10% off release prices. Our futures offerings are 2/3rds the minimum anticipated release price and we offer a 10% case discount on top of that so either receive 5% off for purchases under a case or 15% off for purchases of a case or greater. At regular release we offer a 15% case discount so with this offer that would be bumped up to 25% for case or greater purchases. We’ll send you the equivalent of a gift certificate or something like that and then nudge you again when the wines are released.
It’s a no-lose, no-commitment sort of deal. Just an opportunity to get a good deal at some point in the future.

Order via email - pgcwinery@netzero.com

How do we order?

+1

Updated OP, sorry - email at the bottom of the post

Send me an email and we’ll contact you over next couple of days for CC info, shipping address, etc.

In. Love me some Patty Green.

In for the futures. First had her wines at Torii Mor back in 2000, looking forward to the Freedom Hill.

Futures Offer - Love Ya, Pattie!!

In. Great stuff.

If you had to choose one of the offerings, which would it be? Never had Patty Green…

'10s will be softer and more classic Oregon. '11s are nervier, more structured and (these 3 anyway) will require some time to come about. '12s from Freedom Hill are outrageous.

Hmmm, all of them of course. Great wines.

If you are picking one, I would consider the vintage. The 2011’s are getting great reviews, but those particular 2010’s will not be available in future years.

Tough choice. Good Luck.

I’m in, and mine go to '11. It’s one louder, you know.

in
The '12s get me very excited–love these wines

After MUCH debate, I opted for the 10’s. If it’s more classic Oregon, that sounds like a better intro to Oregon Pinot.

Seeing as I’ve already blown my budget, I also offered to trade some of our (Big Basin) single vineyard Pinots from the Santa Cruz and Gabilan Mountains for their 11’s… It never hurts to ask! [cheers.gif]

I went fo 2-packs of the “PRESENT” (2011’s)…and how can you not sign up for the “FUTURE”.

Went for the Present as well, hearing good things about the 11’s and loved the Durant last year so wanted to stock up. Thanks so much Jim.

I had a nice interaction with someone at Patricia Green cellars today on the phone, and they got the wine out today (the 2010 collection). I’m looking forward to trying out the wines from this winery, and really appreciate their offer and berserkerday.