POE Wines - Pinot and Chardonnay discount

POE Wines was started by Samantha Sheehan, whom many of you have met. I believe this is her third or fourth vintage, and the last one I tried - a barrel sample in bottle, thanks to Steve Nordhoff - was fantastic!

POE Wines

20% off 2011 Pinot and Chardonnay - discount code Wineberserkers during checkout on website www.poewines.com

Had already planned to eventually purchase a few pinot, and although I really have no budget for Berserker Day (I’ll definitely be on the couch tonight), I couldn’t pass this up. One of my favorite pinot discoveries from last year, and it compared favorably to several outstanding burgundies at a blind tasting at FMIII’s last summer.

Hey Andrew, what were the shipping prices like?

I am not Andrew (nor a guy) but I just ordered 3 Chard and 3 PN. UPS Ground is $24.85. It was easy to include the discount code for the order…

We enjoyed the POE wines at Falltacular last year.

Thanks Nancy, we were out there this spring, Pacific Beach.

To Orange County (SoCal), I think it was $21+ for 4 bottles. Not so good, considering GSO can run less in CA. It seems like it’s tough for small/low volume wineries to get lower shipping rates. The 20% discount definitely eases the pain, and the wine is worth it (or at least the 2010 was).

Hi Andrew - thank you for your purchase and the really nice feedback on the wines.

The shipping tables are actually based on the rates our fulfillment house provides. I wish we didn’t have to charge shipping at all so that everyone could (or would) try the wine. Unfortunately making the wine at Outpost was really expensive, and resulted in very narrow margins. So I keep the price of the wine low but can’t not charge anywhere else. The good news…we made the wines at Envy in 2012, so we’ll be able to (hopefully) offer no shipping next Berserker Day :slight_smile:

Hi Samantha, I just ordered some wines as well based on seeing some favorable tasting notes from others on this board that I can relate to. How do your 11’s stack up to and/or compare to the 10’s?

Tom

Hi Tom - I love the 2010, but I am actually preferring the 2011. We had to pick at lower sugars this year because of the prospect of rain, so there is more structure and lower alcohol. The season was so long and cool, there is a real density of flavor. The vineyard has such unique aromatics and flavors. We’re really proud of the result. Thanks for the purchase by the way!