AUCTION - 2006 EMH Black Cat Cabernet Sauvignon

AUCTION ENDS AT 8PM PACIFIC/11PM EASTERN
(items that get active last minute bids MAY be extended in 5-10 minute increments)

A magnum of 2006 EMH Black Cat Cabernet.

Only 36 produced. This wine is just now entering a very fine phase of its drinking window. At its release in January of 2009, Jim Gallagher, EMH’s tasting consultant, predicted “2-5 years to peak.” Merrill says “drink now or cellar comfortably for years to come. “ Current release price is $175 - last one sold was at a charity function for $260
(High bidder must pay for shipping).

$150

175 . . .

Sometimes I wonder why I didn’t just buy the offer.

Just over 1 hour left, get your bids in if you’re on the fence!

If the final bid gets to $250, I will include a 2-pack of the 2009 Berserker Special that went for $125 today. Bidder pays shipping.

Merrill,

Here’s what I’d like to do . . . Can I bid 250 and then have you ship the Magnum down to Frank Murray’s to auction off at Falltacular? If that’s cool. let’s make it happen!

Cheers

Larry - this would not be my first choice as I think there are few wines that survive well a move from cellar to cellar to cellar. Not trying to be difficult, and of course my offer stands, but my preference for one of my 36 babies would be for it to find a permanent home.

This auction, as well as all auctions are closed. Sorry, Larry. You were after the 11/8PM deadline, sir.

Larry - I would be happy to donate a 2006-2007-2008 trio of 750s to that event. Please get in touch with me to arrange for that.

Merrill, you’d want to touch base with Frank Murray III, who’s a frequent poster on this forum - he runs Falltacular. The auction proceeds go to Laura’s House, and it’s such a fantastic charity (we’ve done some charity events on WB for them as well), I’m sure you’ll be pleased to offer them!