Other Lebanese Wineries We Should Look Into

Serge Hochar of Chateau Musar joins Wine Berserkers as our Special Guest
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 11th, 2013, 11:09 am

Mr. Hochar,

Let me begin by saying, "Thank you!" for joining us this week. The man who owns and operates my local wine shop (Harrogate Fine Wines) introduced me to your wines a couple of years ago, and it was instant Love --- thank you for having the courage to make idiosyncratic wines of excellent quality; they are a true pleasure to taste.

Your wines have opened my mind & eyes to the capability of Lebanese wines to be excellent. So, my question for you is this: which other Lebanese wineries should we - those of us who enjoy your wines - search for? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best,
Brian [cheers.gif]
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Serge Hochar

#2 Post by Serge Hochar » June 12th, 2013, 8:14 am

Hi Brian,
Sorry. I am not able to answer your question as I am the Chairman of the Lebanese Association of Wine Producers and as such my situation is difficult.
Kindest regards.

SainaN

#3 Post by SainaN » June 12th, 2013, 2:13 pm

May I be naughty and answer, since I've visited Lebanon a couple times and I think I've tasted through most producers there, that there aren't any that can approach Musar? :D

Ksara's Cuvée 3eme Millenaire is ok but really all others I have tried are quite international in style. Musar is the only truly unique wine I have tried.
N i e m i n e n

Serge Hochar

#4 Post by Serge Hochar » June 13th, 2013, 3:57 am

Hi Otto,
Thank you for your compliment. Hope to see you again in Lebanon to learn more from you.

Return to “Special Wine Guests - Serge Hochar 6/10/13 - 6/14/13”