Production/Distribution challenges

Hi Serge,

First of all, thank you so much for lending your ear to all the questions from us on the web and boards!

My question, staying far away from politics and strictly to logistics to follow forum protocol, is that multiple US news outlets have recently reported than some of the violence in the broader region has spilled over into the Bekaa Valley. Has this had any effect on your operations/employees, or does it seem like it could in the future? Has this ever been an issue in the past? I know some wine regions (such as Champagne) have had to deal with violence in the midst of making wine in the past and it obviously presented a poor situation (although legendary wines), I’m just curious if this has been a factor lately in your vineyards/winery.

Thanks!
Brad

Hi Brad,
Thank you for your question.
I am often asked if and how war did affect us. My answer was: Yeast makes wine, with war and no war. So far we missed just 1 vintage in 1976 as we couldn’t harvest neither transport the grapes to the vineyards because of lack of fuel. I hope that in 2013 we will be able to harvest normally. What frightens me more than war is the global warming. Lets cross our fingers. Cheers