BERSERKERDAY IS COMING!!!!! (Jan 27, 2014)

The 5th annual celebration of total awesomeness in Berserkerland is soon upon us. January 27, 2014 marks our 5th anniversary at this domain, and with the largest, most active community we’ve ever had.

It’s time, therefore, to start putting our thinking caps on, and to announce to all the winemakers, winery owners, retailers, and distributors so they can each put together offers that beat even the last year’s offers, which beat those before, and so it goes…

This year, I will either have the offers submitted BY the individual/company making the offer, and they will be given a randomly chosen time frame in which to do so - a launch time, so to speak. Likely I will have a separate forum setup for them, so they can create, at length, a creative post about their offer, rather than have me post them all. Then, I can simply go by the schedule and launch each one by moving it from the private forum to the public one.

As before, Donors will get a sneak preview, and likely I’ll give them access to the private forum, to plan their spending accordingly (which, by the way, NEVER works!) It is a Monday this year, and since apparently most of the Berserkers don’t actually work for a living, we should have no trouble setting up a crazy Monday, with all day credit card debauchery.

Any ideas, wishes, or creative concepts you’d like to share, I’m all ears.

I’m HOPING to have a fun new technological feature set ready for BerserkerDay, via an alliance, but I’m not sure it will be in place in time…let’s hope so!

Love it. I’m in for an offer of some sort. Will get thinking about it. Can’t wait.

Vincent

Yours is one (from a past BerserkerDay) that I was planning to enjoy perhaps the weekend before the event. In fact, might be a fun Virtual Tasting to have a bunch of previous BerserkerDay buys downed for the weekend just prior!!

champagne.gif

Maybe a coravin or pungo deal? I will have a couple of people contacting you soon, that will want to participate.

ouch
27 Jan this year is a full day of teaching for me followed by an after-school/evening gig

4 days before my Birthday. What a great way to celebrate!

I may have to take a Monday off, for a change.

Is there an easy way to see if we need to update payment to retain donor status?

Count me in as well Todd!

The system sends out emails in the beginning of the month where your voluntary payment will expire. You are covered until September, I see.

Nola, glad to have you aboard! I received a few PMs already as well. No rush, folks, but use this time to come up with something REALLY good, as it is our wood anniversary (5th anniversary is wood, and how apropos with Bob Wood’s passing this year)

[cheers.gif]

How about an offer for the Durand?

We had that two years ago, I believe - the ONLY time it was ever offered at a discount.

Todd - have no worries. The DC crew is committed to busting Jeb’s chops until he comes up with great ideas.

Me too! We should open something to celebrate! champagne.gif

I think we should just auction off the big dogs from your cellar.

That’s a great idea! I’ve been trying to get to at least one bottle from everyone new I purchased from last year, but there’s a lot left to try! Already putting money aside for BDV, but doubt I’ll be able to manage the amount of purchases I made from BDIV! champagne.gif

You are a January 31’r as well??

And in case you forgot…here’s BerserkerDay IV (last year)

I’m not going to buy a single thing.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]