VELETA WINES First time offering here on Berserker Day.

VELETA WINES First time offering here on Berserker Day.
In conjunction with Ed Kurtzman and Sandler Wine Company

Logo2sm.jpg

Veleta wines are estate grown and produced at Juan and Nola Palomar’s winery, Dominio Buenavista in the mountains of Granada, Spain. Offering 5 different 6-packs, Some of the best PQR wines on the planet. Shipping credits for first 10 orders. To take advantage of this offer PM Nola Palomar!!!

The village of Ugíjar is located on the south bank of Sierra Nevada, in the province of Granada and rests in one of the oldest wine producing areas of Spain. Around the year 2500 B.C., 4,500 years ago, the inhabitants on the south part of the Iberian Peninsula managed to domesticate the “Vitis Vitis” from which the actual ‘Vitis Vinifera’ evolved.

Together with olive oil, wine has been a staple in the diet of the Mediterranean people since the bronze age. The south part of Spain provides an exceptional climate for the growth of vines. Temperatures of 20-25 degrees centigrade and precipitation of 400-500 liters per square meter from fall to spring together with a constant summer drought, provides optimal maturation of our grapes. The Contraviesa in the Granada Alpujarra County has produced good quality and popular wines since ancient times.

Traditionally, wines from this region were produced by blending different types of grapes (white and red ) resulting in a rustic, pale red wine with a funky, grapy character. This local wine is referred to as “Costa”. With the exception of our good friend Manuel Valenzuela, at Barranco Oscuro and Dominio Buenavista, vines of selected Bordeaux varieties had not been grown in the area.

The winery Dominio Buenavista introduced in the valley varieties unknown to the region, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay. The results, thanks to our soil and unique microclimate, have been excellent. Our wines have achieved recognition by world-renowned wine critics, connoisseurs and tasting groups as well as having received numerous awards in wine competitions in both the US and in Spain. Most importantly the idea of producing high quality monovarietal wines in the region has driven numerous wineries to follow the trend. As of the 2009 vintage the province of Granada has been recognized as a Protected Dominion of Origin, D.O.P. Granada.

Veleta Reserva’s Trio (6 pk) $80
2 bottles of each
Shipping credit of $15 for first 10 orders.

Veleta Nolados 2009 (40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 20% Tempranillo
Veleta Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
Veleta Tempranillo 2009

Veleta White & Rose (6 pk) $60
3 bottles of each
Shipping credit of $10 for first 10 orders.

Veleta Vijiriega 2012
Veleta Tempranillo Rose 2012

Veleta Tempranillo Joven (6 pk) $60
3 bottles of each

Veleta Tempranillo Joven 2012
Veleta Tempranillo Joven 2011

Veleta Sparkling (6 pk) $90
3 bottles of each
Shipping credit of $15 for first 10 orders.

Veleta Brut Rosado NV (Traditional Methode Champenoise) - Tempranillo and Garnacha
Veleta Brut Blanco NV (Traditional Methode Champenoise) - Vijiriega and Chardonnay

Veleta Stickies (6 pk) $75
3 bottles of each - 500ml

Veleta Sweet Melodies NV 9% alc
Veleta Don Miguel NV - (Port Style) Late harvest Cab Sauvignon and Merlot blend - aged 3 years on French oak barrels

To take advantage of these offers send pm or email to nola.palomar@yahoo.com Please include your address, phone # and email

BerserkerBusiness - open for sale 1/26/14

FINALLY Berserkers are able to purchase Veleta wines, thanks to Ed Kurtzman!!!

I had several of these with Nola/Juan earlier this month. I think this is one of the best QPR offerings we’ll see today. The 12 Tempranillo joven really impressed me, the Vijiriega is a great summertime porch/deck/pool wine and I’m looking forward to trying the rose. I went in for those two packs. The sparklers are as good as any in their price range from Spain. Just wait until you see what else Nola has in store :wink:

I went in for the Reserva’s Trio and the Joven.
I second David about what else is to come! Yummy!

In. Thanks Nola.

Went in for the Joven Tempranillo pack…seems like an outright steal…Looking forward to trying these…

Went for a case - the Veleta Reserva’s Trio 6-pack and the Veleta Tempranillo Joven 6-pack, can’t wait to try your wines, Nola!

Jeez, I finally took a look at pricing - GREAT DEAL! I’ve really enjoyed Nolados and the Vijiriega - didn’t know you guys were doing bubbles too, now!

I’m in for a Riserva’s and a Joven!

And Stickies!! champagne.gif