Random Wine Company's First Ever Releases

Hello Berserkers! Today I’m offering my first two commercial releases, ever. Scroll down to the offer if you don’t want to read my little spiel below.

Random Wine Company started in 2012, about one year after I moved to Oregon from San Diego. Back in SoCal I was ITB for about a decade, working in restaurants and retail. My dad even owned a distributorship for a long time, so I literally grew up in the wine business.

In 2011 I was the harvest intern at my in-laws’ winery, Kramer Vineyards. I learned a lot, enough to realize that I will be learning for the rest of my life. During that 2011 harvest I had started to think about what it would be like to make my own wines. Being able to share something that I created with my friends and family as well as other wine lovers was an incredibly exciting proposition. I was also inspired by other bloggers-turned-winemakers like Hardy Wallace.

In 2012, with the encouragement of my fiancee and her family, I secured some Petit Verdot and Tempranillo in Washington’s Horse Heaven Hills AVA. Both lots of grapes came from Elerding Vineyards, south of Prosser. About .83 tons of Petit Verdot and 1.10 tons of Tempranillo were harvested on October 19.

Vinification was done with a mind on letting the fruit do its thing, to intervene as little as possible. I did make one stylistic decision though, and that was to do partial whole-cluster fermentation, about 20 percent for each lot. As a result, both wines exhibit a freshness and liveliness that surprise those used to heavier wines. Elevage took place in French oak, two neutral barrels for each, plus one twice-used for the rest of the Tempranillo. After 11 months, on September 19, 2013, the wines were bottled. I let them rest for about two months before labeling and releasing both.

The regular pricing on these two wines is $30 for the Petit Verdot and $28 for the Tempranillo, below are the BerserkerDay offers:

BerserkerDay Deal 1:
One bottle of each, $55 shipped to your door!

BerserkerDay Deal 2:
Two bottles of each, only $110 shipped to your door!

I’ll do as many of these deals as I can. To order just reply in this thread that you want in and then email me at berserkers@randomwinecompany.com and we’ll get the payment set up. For shipping, I’ll batch-ship the orders once I have them all assembled. If you live in a state I can’t directly ship to, I will use a third party shipper in Newberg, OR. For all other arrangements, we’ll figure it out.

http://www.randomwinecompany.com
/* // */

BerserkerBusiness - open for sale 1/26/14

Already getting some orders, thanks to you Donors for your support!

One of the BEST results of BerserkerDay is the discovery of a new winery…

And thumbs up for the random name!

Thanks for the order, Erez, I look forward to getting you your wines!

Beau where in the W.Valley are you located?

I am willing to try. Sounds interesting.

Hi Jesse, I make my wines at Kramer Vineyards in Gaston, right on the Washington/Yamhill county border. My fruit for 2012 all came from different blocks of Elerding Vineyard outside Prosser, just up from the Columbia River.

Thanks Loren, I actually just ordered a 3 pack of your wine myself. [cheers.gif]

Congratulations on your first release!

Thank you Dave! After just dipping my toe in back in 2012, I can honestly say I am hooked and can’t wait to learn more as well as work with more grape varieties. My 2013’s are coming along beautifully too!

Swapsies!!! flirtysmile

I’m just glad my fiancee is going to work right now so she doesn’t see all the offers I am buying… champagne.gif

Some of the best stories on WB are immediately after BerserkerDay, the ‘how did you get caught?’ threads.

“A mountain of wine boxes showed up, along with a pissed off UPS/FedEx driver”…Luckily I am having my stuff sent to the winery :smiley:

I’m in! Excited to try theses wines, Beau.

I’m honored, Dag! Will call you in a minute to get the details.

You’re still gonna be busted! [wink.gif]

Don’t jinx me! I won’t share! :smiley: