Match Vineyards: Size DEFINITELY Matters Charity Auction

The SIZE of these bottles	          	        	      	      	        The SIZE of your heart	          	        	      	      	        The SIZE of your auction bid	      	        	  	  	    Happy Berserker Day!	    In celebration, we are auctioning two rare large format bottles of Match Vineyards' single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and donating the full proceeds to the Children's Tumor Foundation. These beautiful bottles are laser etched, handpainted, and guaranteed to be yummy.	  	  	    The Children's Tumor Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to finding effective treatments for the millions of people worldwide living with neurofibromatosis (NF), a term for three distinct disorders: NF1, NF2, and schwannomatosis.  NF causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body and can lead to blindness, bone abnormalities, cancer, deafness, disfigurement, learning disabilities, and excruciating and disabling pain.  	    NF affects one in every 3,000 people, more than cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and Huntington’s disease combined.  The Children’s Tumor Foundation funds critical research into neurofibromatosis.  In addition to benefiting those who live with NF, this research is shedding new light on several forms of cancer, brain tumors, bone abnormalities, and learning disabilities, ultimately benefiting the broader community.	  	  	    About Match Vineyards	      We  are a small, family-owned winery making single vineyard designate Cabernet  Sauvignons from our two vineyards in the Napa Valley.  Butterdragon Hill is a 7 acre vineyard on  the hillside above Highway 29, just a couple of miles north of St. Helena.  It produces wines of lush elegance with a  purity of ripe fruit that is amazing.   Baconbrook is less than 3 acres and  sits on a dramatic ridge overlooking St.  Helena from the west.  Its Spring  Mountain District wines are more “masculine” with a firmer tannic structure and  an intense complexity of dark fruit flavors.   Match Vineyards was founded by Sasha Match and long-time WineBerserker member Randy Sloan in 2000 and  produced its first wine in 2002.  Veteran  winemaker Cary Gott crafts both of our wines.   Jim Barbour and the Piña Family expertly farm our vineyards.	      About the 2005 vintage	      2005 brought a long, mild growing season. Even though the weather remained perfect, we had to have nerves of steel to let the grapes stay on the vine until mid October. Winemakers were dancing with joy during that fall. They could let the flavors of the grapes on the vine develop to exactly here they wanted them, and THEN make a picking decision. And as an added bonus, the harvest was not just high quality, but bountiful as well.	    The 2005 Napa vintage has already been recognized as outstanding, but we wouldn't be a bit surprised to even see this complex and long lived vintage ultimately go down as one of the best of the last couple of decades. The wines are built for the long haul, possess classic Cabernet flavors, and just keep getting better and better.	  	  	    	      	        	        2005 Match Butterdragon Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 6 liter bottle	          An elegant style, with subtle, complex dried currant, herb, sage and mineral notes that turn smooth and pleasantly earthy, ending with a complex finish and subtle fruit and earth notes. Wine Specator Magazine	          Or even better, check out what your peers think on Cellartracker.com.	          Value $925, minimum starting bid $350, minimum bid increment $5	      	      	        2005 Match Baconbrook Cabernet Sauvignon 3 liter bottle	          Green olive, herb, sage, floral and dusty berry flavors are compact, concentrated and full-bodied, supported by firm, dry tannins. Tightly wound, the flavors are mouthwatering and well-structured. Wine Spectator Magazine	          Or even better, check out what your peers think on Cellartracker.com.	          Value $370, minimum starting bid $200, minimum bid increment $5	        	      	    	  	  	    Auction Instructions	      	        The entire winning bid amount will be donated to the Children's Tumor Foundation. Match Vineyards will pay for ground shipping the wine to the winning bidder.	          	        	        Bidding begins when this auction is posted on WineBerserkers.com and concludes at 12:01 AM Pacific on January 28.	          	        	        Bidders should post their bids on this thread specifying on which bottle (the 6 liter Butterdragon or the 3 liter Baconbrook) they are bidding. Bidders may bid on (and even win) both bottles. This thread is the only place to bid on these auction items.	          	        	        The first bid on each bottle must be at least the minimum starting bid: $350 for the 6 liter, $200 for the 3 liter. In the event no bids are received above that minimum starting bid, the auction will be cancelled.	          	        	        Bids must increase in increments of at least $5. That is, no just adding .01 to top a bid. If a bid does not meet this minimum increment amount, the previous legitimate bid/raise will remain the high bid.	          	        	        The winning bidders will be notified via Wine Berserker Private Message or the Wine Berserker Email Link that they won. Instructions will be given on how to make secure payment via Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover cards. In the event the winning bidder defaults and does not provide payment information, the auction runner-up will be notified and offered the wine at his/her previous bid.	    	  	  	          	      I will be available as much as possible during bidding to answer questions. You can email me, call (707) 200-3510, or reach me via SKYPE at live:randysloan	      Thank you for supporting the Children's Tumor Foundation in this way. Our niece who will graduate High School this spring, has  neurofibromatosis and is a former International spokesperson for the Children's Tumor Foundation.	      Randy Sloan and the Match Vineyards Family	  		/*  */	/*  */

Please note these are not the ‘end of the day’ auction items, this is a separate one for the specific charity listed in his (super awesome html-enhanced) thread post.

I’m gonna start on the 3l of '05 Baconbrook at $200

I’ll bid $400 for 6L Butterdragon. Anniversary year and I love this wine. Very generous as always, Randy.

This auction ends at MIDNIGHT pacific time? 3AM eastern time? :wink:

Yes, you understand correctly.

$240 for the 3L

$210

2005 Match Baconbrook Cabernet Sauvignon 3 liter bottle

$260

Current high bids:
$260 for 3L Baconbrook - Mel
$400 for 6L Butterdragon - Justin

Thank you!

I think I need to just ban those who outbid me.

Fify

Keep it in your pants Squires [snort.gif]

Or I could just edit every post so that I’m always at my starting bid.

$500 Butterdragon

Can we assume that your bid is now ONE MILLION DOLLARS!?

Shamelessly bumped for a good cause…

Current high bids:
$500 for 6L Butterdragon - Humberto
$260 for 3L Baconbrook - Mel

$300 for 3L Baconbrook

How about $550 for the 6.0 L

600 for the Butterdragon

$650 for the 6.0L Butterdragon