Ladd Cellars' Berserk Pinot Noirs

My third time going Berserk with you folks! Woo Hoo!

I make balanced Pinot Noirs from Sebastopol and the deep end of the Anderson Valley! This years offers are:

The 2010 6 pack
One each of 2010 Cuvee Abigail (Sonoma Coast), Moore Ranch (RRV), Nash Mill (Anderson Valley), Anderson Valley and Russian River Valley Pinot Noirs, plus one 2008 Moore Ranch Pinot Noir.

The Vertical 3 Pack
One each of 2007, 2008 & 2009 Russian River Valley Pinot Noirs…limited quantity available!

Late breaking addition/change: The first 8 people that order both the Vertical and 2010 6 packs will have the 2007 RRV changed to a 2008 Cuvee Abigail…Woo Hoo (thanks to John Cabot for the idea here).

The 2010 3 Pack
One each of 2010 Cuvee Abigail (Sonoma Coast), Moore Ranch (RRV) and Russian River Valley Pinot Noirs.

If you’re interested in one or more of these, send me a PM (has to be a WB PM) with the following. Note you can order 1 pack each (total of 3 if you’re interested in all the packs)!

• Which pack(s) you’d like

• Your email address

• The state the wine will be shipped to

I’ll get back to you with a custom link/url to complete the purchase!
Note the included shipping is to a business address, there’s a $5 charge to ship to a residence.

Details about the wines/vineyards mentioned here:

Moore Ranch
Located near Sebastopol on Occidental road. Thin topsoil on top of a rocky subsoil gives a savory/earthy/mineral quality to the wines (in addition to the red and dark fruit). Because of its cool location, these wines display a Sonoma Coast character in addition to the Russian River. Takes time to reveal itself, which is why I release my wines later than most. All 15+ year old vines helps give the wine more of a soil character and less clone character. Contains Pommard, Swan (budded over specially for Ladd Cellars), 115 and 114. 2008 and 2009 are what I’m currently selling to restaurants, and the 2008 Moore Ranch is showing so well right now that it earned it’s way into the 2010 6 pack!

Cuvee Abigail
Starting with 2010, this comes entirely from Pratt Vineyard, between Sebastopol and Freestone…not far from Falstaff vineyard. Pure goldridge sandy loam soil gives the wine floral/roses/citrus, depth and some savouriness to the red fruited wine. The vines here are 15-20 years old…something I greatly appreciate and value. Clones here include 2a, 9 and Pommard. The 2a and Pommard are on their own roots, which takes the rootstock influence out of the equation and perhaps gives a purer vineyard expression. Clone 9 has been in California since the 1800’s but was lost, and rediscovered (in Jackson) in the late 1980’s. I love working with clones outside of the usual assortment, esp these and this vineyard.

Nash Mill
Located in the deep end of Anderson valley, north west of Octopus Mountain…which makes Nash Mill a mountain slope vineyard. The topsoil is a sandy clay loam typical to the deep end. The subsoil has large amounts of shale in it, which adds an appealing/distinctive savory quality. The clones Pommard, 115 and 667 were planted in 2003. I’m happy with the amount of depth and complexity it has given the vine age. I’m assuming this is the shale at work here. 20% whole cluster was used in 2010. The wine has almost completely eaten the whole cluster up and makes subtle appearances. Or maybe it’s shy and will show more later :slight_smile:.

Anderson Valley
The Anderson Valley bottling is entirely from Nash Mill. The difference between the two is barrel selection, and new oak levels. The Anderson Valley has 1/3 new oak, whereas the Nash mill has 20% new oak.

Russian River Valley
The Russian River wine is almost entirely grapes picked/fermented specifically for this bottling. The grapes are clones 667, 777 and 114 from Moore Ranch. The Moore Ranch designate has Pommard, Swan et al, but Pommard/Swan isn’t very compatible with 667 in my opinion. So the 667/777/114 RRV wine was born. I’m extremely happy with this. The 07 and 08 vintages have a bit more 114/777 and are more red fruited wines. The 09 and 10 have a bit more 667 and are more darker fruited. In all cases, the savoriness of the soil comes through.

My wines are built to improve with age. Because of this, I hold my wines back longer than many folks…I’ll be releasing the 2010’s later this year, so this is mostly a pre-release offer.

Thanks for your interest!

I’d love the chance to try Eric’s Pinot from Nash Mill. The Cuvee Abagail is awesome - leaner style

PM sent. Got some of Ladd’s PN last year and am really enjoying them! I ordered the vertical and the six pack, hope I was in time to get the 2008 Abigail!

Bam! I’m in for a double 6 pack. PM sent, again. Sorry about the misfire earlier Todd, wasn’t paying attention to the WB biz or not. Just got excited.

Here are a few notes from previous vintages of Abigail.

• 2009 Ladd Cellars Pinot Noir Cuvée Abigail - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/17/2013)
    Falltacular 2013 (FMIII in the OC): I was standing against a wall tasting this wine and Eric walked by and began chatting. He didn’t know what I was drinking so I innocently (or not so) said “what to you think of this wine’s aromas?” and handed him my glass. He stuck his nose in there, thought for 10 seconds, and said “this is Abigail”. Bingo! I told him I thought that was pretty impressive and said “no not really, I live with that wine everyday of its life”. Good point, never really thought about that fact he’s surrounded by his wines everyday. He’s a very knowledgeable winemaker and interesting to converse with.

This is my favorite of his wines, really well made with all the facets of California Pinot I like.

Posted from CellarTracker

Which 3-pack would showcase a richer, yet balanced style - the vertical RRV or 2010 3-pack?

Same here, only I already enjoyed all of mine. Abigail and Moore Ranch were my favorites. This was a fantastic find last year.

Awww crap another buy

Count me in

Had to get a couple of 2010 3-packs. Glad to finally have some Ladd!

In for one 6-pack!

PM sent for a 3-pack!

these sound delicious, in.

Stop your whinin’, you’re going to love these wines!

Which vintage of the Moore Ranch was it that you brought to the tasting yesterday? It was beautiful!

Ha! I know I bought last years offer [cheers.gif]

Have you guys heard from Eric yet? I want me some pinot :slight_smile: lol

Hey…thanks for all the interest/orders/support! Everyone that’s made orders is in. I’ll be sending each of you email late today or tomorrow (late Monday or Tuesday) on finishing up the orders…sorry for being tardy!

Thanks Stewart…I really like that wine as well. It was the 2008 Moore Ranch, which is a part of the 6 pack. It’s spent quite a while being fairly closed, and it’s just recently started to open up and show well. Can’t wait to see where it develops from here.

So…i started shairing fruit from Nash Mill vineyard with Eric in 2010. I road his coat tails because I’ve always admired his style. Bright fruit, nice acidity, expressive character and judicious use if oak. I figured he was on to something and his wines consistently impress me. Great value too.

Sorry…somehow I missed this question. I’d say the 2010 3 pack has more richness with balance…all my wines have good balance and ‘appropriate’ density, but I think the 2010 3 pack is more of what you’re looking for…esp the 2010 Moore Ranch. I can’t remember what you ordered Jeff (and I’m running off to dinner), but if you want to change what you’ve ordered, we can work that out.

PM sent
Return PM received.

IN.