Denison Cellars Berserker Day Deals

At Denison Cellars, we produce wines of elegance and grace, utilizing fruit sourced from small, sustainably farmed vineyards. Our winemaking philosophy is to be true to the site, true to the vintage, and true to the varietal, with minimal intervention in the process.

Berserker Day V Special Deals

2011 Pinot Noir Sampler Packs:

2011 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir – 90 cases produced from Yamhill-Carlton fruit
2011 Johnson Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir – 80 cases produced from a 2 acre vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills
2011 Tête de Cuvée Pinot Noir – 48 cases produced from the best lots in the cellar

3-Pack Special (1 of each) $ 95.20 (Savings of 15%) Use Coupon Code BDV3PAK
6-Pack Special (2 of each) $179.20 (Savings of 20%) Use Coupon Code BDV6PAK
12-Pack Special (4 of each) $336.00 (Savings of 25%) Use Coupon Code BDV12PAK

*All sampler packs include free ground shipping

Please note: Shipping is not available to AR, KY, MA, MS, PA, UT. For shipping to IN, ME, TX, and MD, contact us via e-mail: tim@denisoncellars.com

Order Here: Purchase

2011 DENISON CELLARS WILLAMETTE VALLEY PINOT NOIR
The 2011 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir is a blend of 777 (59%), pommard (25%), and 667 (15%) clones. Each clone contributes unique characteristics: 777 adds bright red raspberry and Bing cherry, pommard adds rose petal and structure , and 667 provides dark fruit flavors. The resulting wine has rich mid-palate volume, velvety tannins, and bright flavors of Bing cherry, cranberry and notes of vanilla that lead into a long, seamless finish.
The 667 and 777 clones were harvested on November 4th, and the pommard clone on November 11th. All of the fruit spent seven days in a cold-soak to extract color. Fermentation was completed in small, one-ton bins, and took seventeen days to complete. French oak barrels were used for aging, 25% of which were new, and the wine was bottled in December after spending 12 months in barrel. Only 90 cases were produced.

pH: 3.67 TA: 5.3 g/L ABV: 13.3% Production: 90 cases Suggested Retail: $26

2011 DENISON CELLARS JOHNSON RIDGE VINEYARD PINOT NOIR
The 2011 Johnson Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir is a blend of 777 (75%) and pommard (25%) clones. Each contributes unique characteristics: 777 adds dark color, black cherry and blackberry flavors, while pommard adds flavors of plum, minerality, and voluptuous structure. The resulting wine has dense mid-palate volume, velvety tannins, and a long, seamless finish, with a hint of vanilla and spice.

The fruit was harvested on October 28th, and spent six days in a cold-soak to extract color. Fermentation was completed in small, one-ton bins, and took twenty five days to complete. French oak barrels were used for aging, 33% of which were new, and the wine was bottled in December after spending 12 months in barrel. Only 80 cases were produced.

pH: 3.69 TA: 5.0 g/L ABV: 13.8% Production: 80 cases Suggested Retail: $38

2011 DENISON CELLARS TÊTE DE CUVÉE PINOT NOIR
Tête de Cuvée Pinot Noir is only produced when we are able to create a blend that transcends our single-vineyard wines. This was the case in 2011, when we combined the bright red fruit and initial intensity of Kiff Vineyard fruit with the dark, dense fruit and mid-palate volume of Johnson Ridge fruit. The resulting wine is balanced and complex, with bright flavors of red and black raspberries, black cherry, and a hint of minerality, which leads into rich mid-palate volume, velvety tannins, and a long, seamless finish.

The Johnson Ridge Vineyard fruit was harvested on October 28th, followed by Kiff Vineyard on November 4th. All of the fruit spent six to seven days in a cold-soak to extract color. Fermentation was completed in small, one-ton bins, and took up to 25 days to complete. French oak barrels were used for aging and the blend was created in October, after spending 11 months in barrel. Bottling was completed in December, and only 48 cases were produced.

pH: 3.70 TA: 5.1 g/L ABV: 13.5% Production: 48 cases Suggested Retail: $48

The 2011 Denison Cellars Pinot Noirs are unfined and unfiltered, and to prevent any incidence of cork taint, are bottled under a twist-off closure.

Denison gets bumped a bit early, as Vinzy’s offer is not ready/posted - enjoy!

is there any affiliation with Denison College in Ohio?

Not affiliated with Denison College. Our name is a derived from my wife’s first and last (DENIse wilSON)…

Oh good. I don’t like Denison College - my alma mater is a fierce rival with them!

7 years of college down the drain?? [snort.gif]

Sampler packs ALWAYS do well on BerserkerDay

Think I’ll stay outta this one!! [basic-smile.gif]

I’ve had all of these wines at various stages in their upbringing and they are pretty, focused and have depth.

How’d I have them all? Tim makes wine at my place. Good guy and the wines are lovely. In an understated style akin to DDO and Eyrie. Old school OR PN (if you like that kind of thing).

Tim is a friend of mine and makes very tasty juice. You all should buy his wines. :slight_smile:

i’ll try it

Aww, thanks Todd! “Pretty, focused, and have depth”, just like me! [snort.gif]

And hopefully everyone saves some cash to go for the Biggio Hamina mystery box later today!!

And then for something completely different (but undeniably yummy) one should grab some of the Random Wine Company wines. An excellent first effort there Beau! [welldone.gif]

Thanks Nick! I’ll contact you about timing of shipping via gmail. [cheers.gif]