Halcon Offer - 2012 wines

We are offering a collection of all the Halcón 2012 wines - a bottle of our Prado Marsanne/Roussanne blend, a bottle of Viognier (like the Prado, from Alder Springs fruit), and from our estate fruit, an Esquisto Grenache blend and Alturas Syrah.

For a recent review of the 2012 Prado and Esquisto see - HoseMaster of Wine™: Halcón You Do Me Like You Do?.

We are bottlng the 2012 Alturas in mid-February, so shipments will be in late February (weather permitting).

The price is $110 for the four bottles including ground shipping. For the Bay Area, we can deliver and the price is $100 for the four.

Send an email to info@halconvineyards.com and we will contact you to arrange payment.

2012 Halcón Prado
The 2012 Halcón Prado again comprises a blend of 50% Roussanne and 50% Marsanne. Though 2012 was warmer than the year before, sugar and acid levels were the same as 2011. The lower malic acid component has given the 2012 Prado a slightly crisper, brighter personality than the previous vintage, more of an old world rendition. Aged in French oak, 20% new and bottled unfined, unfiltered. 180 cases produced.

2012 Halcón Viognier
This wine represents the second Halcón vintage utilizing fruit from Alder Springs and our first bottling of Viognier. The 2012 Halcón Viognier was harvested October 5th. The floral fruits, typical of Viognier, are allied with a crisp acid structure. There is nothing flabby about this wine. Aged in neutral French oak and bottled unfined, unfiltered November 6th, 2013. Just 30 cases bottled.

2012 Halcón Esquisto
The 2012 Halcón Esquisto comprises 65% Grenache, 30% Mourvedre and 5% Syrah all from our estate vineyard. The slightly warmer and longer vintage allowed our Southern Rhone varietals to reach a perfect level of maturity – very dark, mature seeds, fine skin tannin but retaining snappy acidity.
This wine combines bright, spicy, red-fruited Grenache with a brooding, peppery, earthy Mourvedre. The Syrah pulls the pieces together and rounds out the palate. After some time in the glass it develops a tarry complexity. Aged in neutral French oak puncheons and bottled unfined, unfiltered. 220 cases produced.

2012 Halcón Alturas
The 2012 Halcón Alturas Syrah includes 3% Viognier. As in previous vintages, the wine was fermented with native yeasts and no adjustments to acid or alcohol. 2012 gave us a long hangtime but the cooler October resulted in just 13.5% alc and slightly higher acids. Aged in 20% new French oak puncheons. 400 cases produced.

I recall that Halcon was one of the big hits from last year, and I confess to having a strong interest in the whites listed…if only I could find time to actually purchase some wine instead of posting all the great offers!!! (STILL haven’t taken a bathroom break, so if I die of toxic shock, someone come post the rest of the offers)

Halcon I do enjoy, just ordered the whole case off the website for winter release or else i would purchase this

Whiner [wink.gif]

Halcon hooked me a little while back (probably a BD offer) and I’ve been buying since.

If you don’t already have Halcon in your cellar, this should be an auto-buy. I already have 23 bottles, including two magnums, spanning three vintages, so I am passing on this - although I regret not getting some of the 2012 Alturas, which I believe is offered here today publicly for the first time.

Blake

We will offer the 2012 Alturas to the mailing list in the Fall.
This is a preview.

… and now by the case…

Good folks and good juice!

Toxic shock? Maybe you need to “pull the rip cord” buddy! [emot-pwn.gif]

I got a case from the spring release pre-mailer so not buying today… but YOU should! Love every Halcon I’ve ever had.

email sent

I’m drinking a 2012 Esquisto right now. Dark, meaty, very CdP in nature. Plenty of structure and acidity, but oozes flavorful fruit. This bottle would stand up extremely well to the top end Tablas Esprit, at half the price (and frankly it’s better).

The '12 Alturas is sick. My notes are posted somewhere on the forums. Long story short: a tad more fruit, same structure and minerality vs previous vintages = drinks well early, but will sleep, too.