Wilde Farm Pinot Noir and Rosè Pre-release offer plus free shipping!

Fellow Berserkers,

It is an honor and a privilege to participate in our second Wilde Farm Berserker Day Deal! We so appreciate this board’s support. We hope this offer lives up to the expectation and excitement that Berserker Day creates. To whit:

This year’s offer focuses on the 2013 Wilde Farm Donnelly Creek Pinot Noir and the yet to be released 2014 Wilde Farm North Coast Rosè. Both are offered here with the deepest discounts we have ever offered. In fact, we are pre-releasing the Wilde Farm Rosè just for this Berserker Day event…at the end of the week it will disappear again until its official release in the Spring - and at full price. With only 100 cases made, we expect it to go quickly. The discount will be honored through the end of the week. Please use promotional code BD2015 in the bottom left hand corner of the “Review Order” page of the Secure Order Form at check out to receive 20% off on any order of 2013 Pinot Noir and 2014 Rosè, with FREE SHIPPING on case quantities or higher. Please enter the promotional code when prompted. All discounts and waived shipping charges will show on the “Confirmation” page immediately before the end of the checking out process. Wines will ship in the early Spring.

Click http://www.wildefarmwines.com to be taken to our web site.

The Wilde Farm 2013 Pinot Noir is a worthy successor to our inaugural 2012 effort. Benefiting from a similarly great vintage, the 2013 effort shows bright, focused red fruits and minerals with the same tendency toward elegance and balance. Alcohol levels came in at the exact same 12.4% abv, for what it is worth. While we have not yet had the wines reviewed by a third party, following are Antonio Galloni’s tasting notes on the 2012 as well as Pax Mahle’s (our winemaker) tasting notes on the 2013:

From Antonio:

“The 2012 Pinot Noir Donnelly Creek Vineyard, from a site in Anderson Valley, is a drop-dead gorgeous beauty. Dark red berries, plums, cinnamon, licorice and wild flowers jump from the glass. The 2012 is rich, racy and beautiful to the core. Savory notes from the 25% whole clusters add lift to balance the racy, voluptuous finish. This is a fabulous showing from Wilde Farm. Drinking Window: 2014-2020 Score: 94 pts.”

And from Pax on the 2013:

“Plums, black cherries, cinnamon and spicy fruitcake on the nose with dense and concentrated deeply fruited sweet cherry fruit on the palate. Medium-bodied and lively with excellent clarity and lift, absolutely no interference from oak or alcohol just pure Pinot fruit.”

Our 2014 Rosè is labeled North Coast mostly because we printed labels too early. Actually, the wine is almost all from The Fox Hill vineyard in Mendocino, just south of Ukiah, on the Talmage Bench. It is farmed by Sam Bilbro. It is made up of mostly Italian varietals, chiefly Dolcetto, harvested early and at 19 Brix - giving the wine bright acidity, mineral-laden strawberry and cherry fruit notes, with elements of orange peel, roses and a quaff-able sub 12% abv. As Pax says, it looks like sunshine and it tastes like sunshine. A wonderful accompaniment to a spring time picnic on a bright shiny day. While there are no formal notes on it yet (we are bottling next week) it seemed like too delicious an opportunity not to pass on to the Berserker community. At $16 a bottle, with free shipping on 12 or more, it seems Berserker Day worthy.

Once again, thank you for your interest and support. Cheers!

Ordered a case of Rose. I placed the order, but it didn’t take off the shipping.

I’m down with all WF - order is in.

Thanks, Loren!

Thanks guys! I mistakenly set a minimum dollar amount for free shipping. That is removed now so a case of rosè should work no problem - in fact any 12 bottles. If you already ordered I will remove it before charging you. Sorry for the hassle.

Enjoy the wines! Cheers!

People should buy and drink these wines. Delicious!

Thank you Beau. I feel the same way about Random Wine Company wines. Hit the sweet spot.

Cheers!

Thanks for taking care of it Loren. Love that you are working with fruit farmed by Sam Bilbro. It’s like a double hit of goodness.

Can’t wait to try these!

Discount and free shipping

This is an excellent deal on excellent wine!

I probably don’t need to street-team for WF, but their chard is also killer.

Amazing line-up!!

Is there an option for CA local pick-up at the winery?

Much appreciated.

Hello T.J,

Sorry, we don’t have that option currently. We are trying to plan a pick up day - possibly with Pax Cellars and Ryme Cellars - for our next release and will let you know more as we get closer. [cheers.gif]

Ordered.

In for a mixed case. My last BD order of the day. Thanks Loren for the great offer.

In for a box of Pinot. We’ll gift it to our clients and spread the good word! Maybe one will come home for quality control.

Thanks to everyone for a crazy successful Berserker Day! The offer lasts until week’s end for those still interested. Always fun!

Wine just arrived. Thank you, very much. Looking forward to trying it.

you are welcome. Thank you!

Anybody try the 2013 Donnelly Creek pinot? Opinions? Any thoughts on cellaring, decanting, etc.? Just received my 2 bottles. Thanks in advance for any and all info.