CRAWFORD FAMILY WINES - Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir 3-pack!

BerserkerDay 2015 offer from Crawford Family Wines

We’re happy to offer a 3-pack Pinot Noir sampler with a special price and free ground shipping to the Berserker crowd today. Due to our miniscule production we are limiting this offer to 48 3-packs.

One bottle of each wine for $120 plus free shipping. (normally $143 retail plus shipping)

2012 Pinot Noir, Sta. Rita Hills – A blend of four rock star vineyards here in the Sta. Rita Hills. Roughly equal parts Babcock, Bentrock, Radian and Zotovich vineyards fermented with 40% whole clusters for a distinctly earthy, black tea quality. $40 retail.

2012 Pinot Noir, Walk Slow, Sta. Rita Hills – A best of barrels blend of Babcock Vineyard and Bentrock Vineyard. 30% whole cluster and done all in 1-year old French oak barrels. Dark, rich Sta. Rita Pinot. $48 retail.

2012 Pinot Noir, Bentrock Vineyard - I bottled 23 cases of this wine from one barrel I kept out of the Walk Slow blend. These vines are grown on a steep hillside on the far western edge of the appellation and the wine really shows off the slate-like minerality that a site like this can provide. $55 retail.

To order, please email wendy@crawfordfamilywines.com or call 805-698-3889 and please send us the following information: First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, Email Address, Phone Number, Credit Card Number, Exp Date, CVC Code. You can break your credit card into two separate emails or call the number above to provide credit card information. We will attempt to contact you if your information is incomplete, but we do need to get all of the information processed early on January 28th. We watch the weather carefully and will be happy to hold your order until it warms up a bit or we can arrange quicker shipping for an additional fee. Thanks!!

A little info on Crawford Family Wines… We are a very small (700 cases annually) producer of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Syrah from the Sta. Rita Hills. We make a tiny bit of other Rhone varietals from the coolest climate sites here in Santa Barbara County as well. I have been making wine here for more than 15 years, starting with a 5-year stint as Bryan Babcock’s associate winemaker. My wife Wendy and I were fortunate to have an excellent 10-year partnership in Kenneth-Crawford Wines and have now created our own little family run winery. Our close ties to the vineyards and the people that make them great has allowed us to source some of the best fruit the area has to offer, and now we’re happy to share our passion and expertise with you.

Last year I asked Nikki and Jeff from Liquid Farm to participate in Berserkerday because I thought they were the type of people making the kind of wine fellow berserkers would enjoy. I guess that worked out…

This year I ran into Crawford Family at Berserkerfest 8 in Santa Ynez / Solvang before the holidays. Nikki helped get them involved in the scavenger hunt. I couldn’t write up the notes because we had to bottle wines as part of the scavenger hunt but I enjoyed the wines so much I went back the next morning and formally ran through the lineup with Mark and Wendy.

Here’s the thread on Wine Talk

Crawford Pinot at Berserkerfest8.0 - what the hell man? These are AWESOME

Mark’s been working with SRH fruit while at Babcock for many years, then Kenneth Crawford, and now his own boutique winery with his wife Wendy. She’s the brains of the operation! neener

Love it Brig!!

Mark and Wendy are amazing people making great wines and should for sure be on everyone’s radar to check out! :slight_smile:

I have to agree with Nikki and Brig, these are fantastic wines! And I want to be the first to claim a 6 pack of a beautiful Syrah I got to barrel taste last weekend [wow.gif]

Yeah, you heard NON-STOP from the Berserkers who were at #berserkerday last November about these wines…you’ll hear from some of them tomorrow (those who are not Subscribers, apparently)

I bought a six pack based on your rec and I strongly concur with your sentiments. The SRH is awesome juice.

I tasted through a bunch of their wines in December. Really good stuff, especially the three listed in this thread.

This is the one offer I am looking forward to the most. What time did you say the offer for this comes out tomorrow? [cheers.gif] Just kidding.

Is Todd watching this thread? Uhh… Maybe sooner than later. [cheers.gif]

Jeremy, I’m really glad you enjoyed the wines. I’m eyeballing a bottle sitting on my counter right now.

Quite honestly, I bought a mixed case from Mark during Berserkerfest…VERY impressive wine! For that reason, I will not be grabbing one of these 3packs since there are only 48 available…which should FLY out of here. This is really small production stuff and more people need to get to know this label and have the opportunity to taste and share these wines.

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

Thanks guys for all the props! I’m really glad you all are enjoying the wines, and a big shout out to Nikki and Jeff from Liquid Farm for making the Berserker connection for us. Warming up the computer for a big day tomorrow! Cheers!

One of the favorites from BerserkerFest SB, particularly the Scavenger Hunt

Order in for a 3 pack. #berserkerday

Email order in, thx!

Taking a flyer based on high praise here . . .

Email order in as well. This was the one I am most excited to try.

Brig Campbell is tied with Frank Murray for “Top Market Mover Wine Critic,” so being the sheep / score whore / point chaser that I am, I’m rushing in on this offer. Looking forward to trying these.

In for 3 pack!

In for the 3-pack. Looking forward to it based on previous reviews here.

In for a 3 pack! Who says you can’t work all day and still get great deals? NOT ME! I can’t wait to try these wines! [cheers.gif]