WINDY OAKS ESTATE 3-pack special--FREE SHIPPING

2012 Estate Pinot Noir, Terra Narro
. Medium garnet, aromas of cherry candy, underbrush, incense and fir balsam
. Fuller-bodied, more mouth-coating and deeper-flavored than previous editions of this wine; also more barrel-inflected
. Very attractive wine and an exceptional value – a great everyday drinking wine
. Aged 14 months, 24% new French oak, 236 cases

2012 Estate Pinot Noir, Estate Cuvée
· Luminous black-red; huge nose of hard brown spice and sandalwood
· Elegant, silky attack and mid-palate, then peppery to the finish
· Extremely attractive and exciting wine ending with good muscle and no fat, and just undertones of fruit
· Aged 17 months, 35% new French oak, 485 cases

2012 Estate Pinot Noir, Henry’s Block
· From one-acre block in single vineyard with legendary Waldenswil 2A clone
· Transparent medium garnet; aromas of cassia, toasted nutshells and Pondicherry pepper
· Dried cherries with hints of citrus peel on the palate, fine grained tannins and a sweet-savory impression
· More black-fruited than red, elegant, serious and long finish
· A very fine edition of Henry’s
· Aged 22 months, 40% new French oak, 144 cases

FREE SHIPPING TO EVERYONE.

Wine Berserkers price is $99 (actual full retail is $123). If you’re a Windy Oaks Wine Group member, simply email Judy, and she’ll charge your account on file, and ship. If you ordered last year, we most likely still have your info, so check with Judy before duplicating your efforts! If not a member, or you have not previously ordered from Windy Oaks (or your info has changed), email Judy, judy@wowpinot.com with name, shipping address, phone number, and cc info (you may send in two emails if you prefer); or call Judy at 831.724.9562—if no answer, simply leave your name and number and Judy will get back to you—it’s a password-protected voicemail.

For folks who’ve had these… would you say Windy Oaks is more Kosta Brown or more Rhys?

There are made in a restrained style, i.e. Rhys, but not lacking in flavor. Highly Recommended.

Definitely in the direction of Rhys-like, though the Corralitos area tends to more feminine tannins. These are not Kosta-style fruit-forward oak bombs. They are extremely classy, distinctive wines of a place, and although grown close to one another and vinified the same, exhibit three quite separate personalities. The Santa Cruz Mountains makes the best Pinots in the State IMO. That said, they are also brimming with cherries and Asian spices that you don’t need to be a geek to love.

I’d say neither, really, though closer to Rhys than KB. They NEED time, though, at least 3 years but preferably 7 or more, for the oak to integrate. Beautiful wines, great acidity, but plenty of fruit, as well. You will NOT be disappointed, that’s for certain - I own more Windy Oaks Pinot than probably any other producer

I agree. The terroir and the alcohol levels will be more in the Rhys camp, but they have sweeter fruit and show more oak than wines like Rhys or Copain, thus they are better (in my opinion) if you can wait on them several years.

I had so much Windy Oaks Pinot (as I love it so) I had to stop for a few years! I’m just now enjoying my '08’s!! (leave them rest a bit for best results, IMHO)

Clark, you’ve tasted these…?

Would like to try. Shipping to MA?

Excellent! My favorite from Pinot Days last year.

Rhys is leaner, and more expensive, definitely. For me, the only downside of Windy Oaks is that the bottles are too fat to fit in my narrow racks.
In for two!