Harrington Wines... and now for something completely different

Harrington Wines… and now for something completely different

How about a Berserkers Cork-Dork 4-pak of Harrington wines for $95 + shipping and state-specific taxes:

'13 Trousseau, Siletto Vineyard, Cienega Valley, 50 cases produced
'12 Nebbiolo, Luna Matta & Berardo Vineyards, Paso Robles, 50 cases produced
'13 Lagrein, Berardo Vineyard, Paso Robles, 30 cases produced
'13 Pinot Noir, Coast Grade Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains, 50 cases produced

Retail price on this special Berserkers 4-pak is $135, so a 30% savings.

If you are interested, go to the PURCHASE page on the Harrington website and click the ADD TO CART button directly under the SPECIAL OFFER: WineBerserker 2015 heading. PURCHASE – Harrington Wines

Old vines in Mendocino County / Berserker Al Osterheld practicing low-tech winemaking at Harrington Wines

Quick history: Harrington Wines was started in 2002 with a focus on old-vine, organic and sustainably-grown Pinot Noir. Since 2008 we have been digging around California’s back-country for forgotten viticultural gems with good bones and prudent, mindful growers. Recent wines include Corvina, Rondinella, Fiano, Charbono, Teroldego, Marzemino, Aglianico and Vermentino. In the winery, we steer clear of all the techno hocus-pocus and stick hard by the basics. Since our wines are unfamiliar to many Berserkers, here are descriptions of the four wines:

The Trousseau is sourced from an old vineyard growing the odd and unusual. Numerous French and Italian varieties such as Sagrantino, Montepulciano, Negrette, and Trousseau have been planted in this remote hilltop vineyard in San Benito County. The mix of granite and limestone soils from the surrounding Gavilan Mountains create a wine with the characteristic Trousseau flavors of dried rose petal, dusty strawberry, pepper, along with a little bramble and black tea. Fragile, sticky tannins. Kind of a PG-13 Pinot with spicy, R-rated grip.

The Nebbiolo is a blend from two Westside Paso Robles calcareous slate vineyards. The Luna Matta Vineyard is a higher elevation (1750 ft) vineyard planted to the 142 and 230 clones which contributes bright floral aromatics, red fruits and powdery tannins. The Berardo Vineyard is planted to the Lampia Nebbiolo clone, adding deep color, dense, heady aromatics and dark fruit flavors. Maybe Parker was wrong about California Nebbiolo?

While the grape is native to the valleys of Alto Adige in northern Italy, our Lagrein comes from the same hillside site as the Nebbiolo mentioned above. An energetic wine with a soft palate and pure flavors of creamy black cherry, blackberry, tar and leather. Looking at this blue-black wine in the glass, it’s hard to believe Lagrein is a descendent of Pinot Noir. Nevertheless, the wine is a pitch-perfect match for the strong flavors of winter dishes. Just don’t spill it on your shirt.

OK, so nothing very dorkish about a Pinot Noir, right? Well what makes this Coast Grade Pinot special is that it’s harvested from vines planted on a rare limestone-soil outcrop in the Santa Cruz Mountains only 1.5 miles from the Pacific Ocean. The chalky limestone soils and its chilly location help to create a delicate, floral, spicy, structured Pinot Noir. This vineyard has a great future and is a welcome addition to the California Pinot Noir story.

If you have any shipping concerns, want to discuss these (or other) wines in more detail, here is my email address: bh@harringtonwine.com

Thanks,
Bryan Harrington

[resizeableimage=720,195]http://www.chateau.harringtonwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cropped-web-header1.png[/resizeableimage]

Now this is a cool sample pack! ‘cork dork’!

I’m dorking out! love this offer, I’m in.

Everything Bryan does is good so far and the unique varietals is cool.

California Lagrein? Hmmm…got my attention…

looking forward to this.

Ooooo I need to order this tonight!

Just ordered the 4-pack. Looks like a really interesting selection.

Yep. Actually all of their wines look pretty interesting.

Jamie B? That got MY attention. Welcome.

Thanks Vince, good to see you,been lurking for a couple and keep forgetting my login…

Jamie

First offer I jumped on, have always enjoyed Harrington wines in the past, used to sell them in North Carolina. Looking forward to this.

I’ll also jump on the JJB bandwagon, good to see an old name around, remember the WCWN battles with 'Fo and Trent, et. al. Those were the days.

Thanks to everyone who’s ordered so far - fun to be part of Berserker Day!

And also good to see JJB on the board…as Marc mentioned, seeing his posts takes me back to the heyday of WCWN.

I like this offer, something different and grapes I’m yet to taste. Excited to get my hands on these.

In for a 4 pack

super interesting. Tempted to add a couple of their other bottles to the 4-pack to make it a 6er.

Thanks from both Bryan Harrington and me to everyone for a great BerserkerDay! Cheers! [cheers.gif]

Bryan, got my shipment today.

Thank you for the kind note.

I’m really looking forward to dorking out with these.

Want to give your recommendations on drinking windows? Air time if my wife sees the Nebbiolo?

Brig, here’s the word from Bryan:

Trousseau: Don’t need to wait too long on this. Feel free to open and pour. Usually ready for business by the second glass. The jury is still out as to how these will age. We are all learning together on this one.

Nebbiolo: Think of this wine as more of a Langhe Nebbiolo. This is not a Barolo. It is a reasonably accessible wine right now. That being said, it will most likely gather a bit more gravity with time. But don’t be afraid to put it on the table sometime soon with some lamb shanks. No matter what, it’s pretty aromatically, like all good Nebbiolo.

Coast Grade Pinot Noir: I am so excited about this wine that I want you to pop a bottle right now. It will undoubtedly be better in two three years, but this young Pinot from those rare limestone soils needs to be experienced young and old. Since you only have one bottle, open it soon, drink half the first day, drink the other half the second. I’m drinking “day two” Coast Grade right now and there is no pain involved, believe me. The point is, get to know this appellation’s potential as soon as possible, these new SCM limestone Pinots are floral, spicy, structured and earthy.

Lagrein: This wine will be better with a decant. It takes a little time to open up but there is plenty there. It’s from Westside Paso, afterall. Just give it time. Not too shabby on day 2 or 3 either.

Okay dokay… Bam!

Too late to order more? LOL

• 2013 Harrington Pinot Noir Coast Grade Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (1/30/2015)
    Pop n pour. Light cherry color. If you love strawberries then this wine has the nose for you, a muddled berry, and even a hint of strawberry shortcake. Heading over to the palate I’m curious. Wow, is this tasty. Strawberry, rhubarb, prickly fine tannins, light toast, and stem flavor. There a lot of acid mid palate, that’s a good thing. The finish is very long and the tannins are lightly nipping my tongue throughout. Weight is medium, you won’t find any goopy syrup here probably because the acid, extremely clean. Is this an early indicator for '13 PN from Santa Cruz? Let’s hope that’s the case.

Posted from CellarTracker