SonkinCellars 15% off our 2012's w/ free shipping on 6

Hi all. Thanks for checking us out. Sorry to say all of our past vintages are sold out so no verticals, but we do have our current vintages on special for today. We are offering our wines for $39 per bottle. That is $7 or about 15% less than our normal pricing of $46. And as usual, shipping is free with total purchase of 6 bottles or more.

To order, please us the following link and use the Coupon Code: Berserkers
http://www.wineweb.com/scripts/wineList.cfm?w=45803

Here is more about our wines:
In 2012 we made two wines for the first time. These are two very distinct takes on California Syrah.

The 2012 Unmasked is our take on a cool climate AFWE style of Syrah. This is about 13% abv. The fruit hails mostly from Halcon Vineyard (we picked shortly after Paul). To that there is a slight amount of 2013 Petite Sirah from Tedeschi Vineyard that we feel gives is a nice earthy undertone and will proved some structure. Finally, there is just a hint of Syrah from Whitehawk which we think gives it some brightness and makes this wine a bit more universal for everyone. Jeb Dunnick scored this 89 points for the Wine Advocate which is about what we thought he would say for this style of wine. About 33% of our customers seem to prefer this one. I have a bunch of (biased?) notes on CT. Brian Tuitte also has a note posted on WB and CT. I believe this one needs air or time now and should start to drink well in 3 to 5 years, peaking in 7 to 18 years.

In 2012, we made our best Persona yet IMO. We have always tried for this to be a middle of the road style Syrah and I think we have again achieved that. It is about 14.6% abv. The fruit is mostly Whitehawk vineyard which was again exceptional in this vintage. Added to that is some Halcon which we think provides some structure and red fruit and will come out more with age. This is a bright, delicious wine that is drinking great now. Like many 2012’s I think many will be fooled by how accessible it is now into thinking it won’t age. I think this will peak in 5 years and be there for ten more. There is a nice backbone of acidity here which I think still makes it food friendly, but it drinks well as a cocktail wine as well. Jeb Dunnick loved this one, reviewing it in the WA with 93 points.

For a really geeky tasting, try these both, side by side, over three days. I think it is a great experiment as to the differences between warm and cool climate Syrah and how they age. If you have any questions about the wine or issues ordering please let me know either here or thru PM or e-mail. Thanks for checking us out.

I like the combo of warm and cool climate Syrah - seems that Syrah has the greatest discrepancy in qualities between climates

In for 4 Persona and 2 Unmasked, thanks Loren!

In for 6 Persona

C’mon guys. I need some orders. I promised my wife I would not buy more today than we sell and with all these offers, it might be difficult. flirtysmile [cheers.gif]

Thanks Chip and Chris for your Orders. Much appreciated.

I’m really looking forward to trying the new wine (unmasked). Have enjoyed the Persona a lot. Thanks Loren.

In for a few. I’m looking forward to trying these!

Thanks George and Roger. Much appreciated!

Thanks to all those who ordered. If anyone is still on the fence (and has money left), this offer will be open thru tonight.

My six arrived safely this morning, thank you. Will wait a bit to try one.