Riverain Berserker offer -TRB Cabernet and Syrah

We are super happy to continue our tradition of a Beserker Day offer!

Our production is still quite limited. Our normal pricing is $90 for our Oakville Cabernet and $45 for our Bennett Valley Cardiac Hill Syrah. Both wines are available for our Beserker Day special at 20% off ($72 and $36 respectively), plus free shipping on any order. There is a three bottle minimum, but any mix and match is ok.

For ordering, please go to our website and sign up, or use your login if you are already on our list. For the offer above, please enter the discount code Berserkers2015

http://Www.riverainvineyards.com

Thanks for your interest, as always. See the detailed information below.

Vintage 2012 has arrived!

The 2012 weather and vintage conditions could not have been more different from 2011. A relatively poor set, severe pruning and dropping tons of fruit at the end of August left us with very little wine in 2011. Contrast 2012. Great weather throughout the year, (with no real heat spikes and no frost) set a full crop in the Spring. Our Cardiac Hill Vineyard is North facing and extremely steep, so yields there are quite consistent year to year, whereas our block in Tench Vineyard set a big crop in response to very little set in 2011. Our winemaker, Thomas Brown, dropped a full 50% of the Cabernet clusters at the end of August 2012, in the hopes of making a blockbuster wine. The weather cooperated and we are super happy with both wines. Whereas 2011 provided us with elegant, perfumed wines, the 2012s are extremely dark, dense and backward. A bottle of the 2012 Cabernet left open on the counter for more than three days had barely budged. We recommend a good decant if you are thinking about popping one of these early.

2012 CABERNET SAUVIGNON OAKVILLE

From the Tench Vineyard in eastern Oakville (near Screaming Eagle & Rudd), the 2012 Riverain Cabernet is a modern blockbuster Oakville Cabernet. Elevage was in 80% new French oak barrels for 20 months. Extremely dark and dense, here is Thomas’ tasting note:

In 2011, the finished product was as much a result of the farming & winemaking decisions as it was the vineyard. In 2012, it was almost the complete opposite. An early Spring with a terrific set and a long warm, but never hot Summer, led us to one of the best vintages in recent memory, perhaps ever. The conditions were such that each vineyard was allowed to slowly and fully mature, allowing for the best and most individual expressions possible.

The 2012 Riverain Cabernet Sauvignon is a terrific combination of understated power and finesse. The length and mouth feel of this wine are classically Oakville – long, silky and seamless. A juicy red fruited mid-palate, offset by a gravelly minerality, all framed by fresh, lifting acidity. A wine with wonderful balance, it should drink well for many, many years to come.

238 cases
15.1% alcohol

2012 SYRAH BENNETT VALLEY CARDIAC HILL

2012 weather allowed us to make the style of Syrah we are really aiming to make. Nearly black and opaque, but no new wood is used. We ramped up the stem inclusion this year to 65% to cut some of the primary fruit and allow the aromatics of lavender, pepper and bacon fat to shine through, especially with aging. The wine was aged 17 months in one year and older French Oak barrels.

Thomas’ note:

The 2012 Riverain Syrah takes everything we loved about the 2011 and brings them into clearer focus. At this early stage, the 2011 was a little backwards, reticent. The 2012 has a much more open expression. With dark fruit, classic Syrah characteristics of meat and game and just a hint of stems to add mid-palate complexity, this is the wine we had envisioned when signing on to this Bennett Valley legend. A healthy decant will be required to fully enjoy this wine in its youth.

178 cases
14.5% alcohol

With as good as the 2011 Cab was, I can’t imagine how awesome the 2012 is…

Is there a link to the website?

Another wine that I discovered at Falltacular. Love this stuff and now I can buy some.

Here you go
www.riverainvineyards.com

Also I had a typo in the promo code which is now corrected above.

The wines are way better than my typing! Thanks

Even using the correct spelling, the code doesn’t appear to be applying the discount.

where do we enter the discount on check out?

Awesome offer. Thanks Steve. I can’t wait to try the 2012s…

Order in for 2 of each.

+1

Seems to be taking the discount code now. In for 3.

Order in, thanks Steve!

Got it this time

“Berserkers2015” with an “s” worked for me.

I went ahead and ordered before you adjusted the code. Can you adjust the order?

Order in. Thanks for the offer…excited for this one.

Got it now - in for 3.

So very excited to try these. And my last purchase of the day…maybe…

Thanks…this did the trick! I’m in!

I am looking forward to trying these. Thanks.