Longplay Wine - JBR Pinot Noir Vertical ... or hit shuffle/repeat!

We own a vineyard, Lia’s Vineyard, in the Chehalem Mountains AVA.
While we sell most of our fruit to some of Oregon’s top wineries, we keep a little bit for ourselves.
We make “grower pinot noir” – wines crafted with minimal intervention in small lots that highlight the unique character of our site.
We named our wine “Longplay” because we say wine is like music:
There are many genres and styles, and “best” is more a question of taste than absolutes.
Our label features a detail of an image of our turntable because we think
too much technology can get in the way of making great wine.
We work closely with our winemaker, Jay Somers of J. Christopher wines,
and our vineyard manager, Javier Marin, formerly vineyard manager at Shea,
to produce wines that respect the uniqueness and potential of our site.
Rockin’ Berserker Day VI with the Longplay:

Limited quantity, limited time. No need for special coupon codes to take advantage of the offer - just go to the Longplay [u]online shop[/u].

In the northwest corner of Lia’s Vineyard is a spot I call the “Jory Bench.” It was planted 25 years ago and has some old Pommard and Wadenswil cuttings that consistently produce some of the best pinot on the planet. (Well, yes, I might be biased.) I farm these blocks meticulously, spending more time on these three acres than the other 25 that I have under vine. The soil is a textbook example of Jory, the state soil of Oregon. Perfect exposure, moisture retention, vigor balance, etc., combine to produce amazing fruit. After harvest the fermenters with this fruit are tagged “JBR.” Not every barrel makes the cut, and sometimes I’ll add a little from another corner of the vineyard to bring a dash of complexity, but this bottle is really all about the Jory Bench.

[u]Jory Bench Reserve Four-Pack[/u] The default option features one each of our “Jory Bench Reserve” bottlings from 2010, 2011, 2012 and the not-yet-released 2013 vintage, a “nerdical.” But I recognize that some of you aren’t linear thinkers like me and you listen to music on your phone instead of a turntable, so I’ll let you hit the “shuffle” and/or repeat buttons. No context, no integrity of the album, but hey, the people like the freedom to choose. So, in the event you want only the more buxom 2012 JBR, or the lithe 2011, or the unreleased 2013 or your own mix, just make a note in the comments section when you order and I’ll make it any four of the JBRs (listed below) of your choosing. Because … freedom. Yeah!

2010 “Jory Bench Reserve” Five barrels. A lovely wine, the last JBR made by the late Aron Hess.CT
2011 “Jory Bench Reserve” Six barrels, one new. Mostly old vine Pommard. 150 cases made. CT
2012 “Jory Bench Reserve” Eight barrels, two new. Only Pommard (55 percent) and Wadenswil (45 percent). CT
2013 “Jory Bench Reserve” Seven barrels, two new, Pommard, Wadenswil, some Mariafeld. (Pre-release, no tech sheet yet … it is very nice - falls somewhere between '11 and '12 in the tension vs generosity spectrum.)

Invite some friends, taste them blind, and guess the vintage! Fun, fun, fun.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $152, only $$$ plus $1 shipping.

Click here → [u]Jory Bench Reserve Four-Pack[/u]

Last year I did a three pack, but the per-bottle shipping charges that I ate killed me. So this year I’m doing a four pack and passing the savings on to you! Add to your order and you can use coupon code LP10 on orders of $300 or more. (Note that shipping charges may get whacky, but I’ll fix them when I process your order. Orders of 6-12 bottles (or this four pack) pay $1 shipping, but orders of 13-17 bottles will pay a higher charge (long story). If you like the wines please revisit our store and order again.

Sorry, but we cannot ship to: AL DE IN KY ME MD MA MT NJ NY OK PA RI SD TX UT. Alaska and Hawaii pay a bit extra. We charge sales tax if our license requires that we pay taxes to your state.

Cold weather, blah, blah, blah. Let us know if we need to contact you before shipping (e.g., non-business address and you travel a lot).

Click here for more info on these and all of our wines.
Click here to visit our store entrance that lays out terms and conditions.
Call or text me if you have a question: 503-489-8466 or email: info@longplaywine.com

I am in for the four pack. The 2011 was fantastic, looking forward to the vertical.

Michael

In for a couple of 4 packs, thanks!

Bumping all the last 12 offers to launch at once - enjoy!!!

My only complaint is how late in the day this loaded! In for one 4 pack.

Thanks, order placed.

thanks for helping me spend my hard earned $$ … [cheers.gif]

Happy to share my wines! And thanks for the nice note on CT yesterday, Tom C. Always appreciate it when people take time to share the experience.

Great vineyard, superb pinots. Very “Oregon” to my palate, and that’s how I like them!

In.

Thanks, Ben. Your “shuffle/repeat” will go out on Monday!

Todd, can you hold my bottles until better weather arrives here on the east coast, thanks!

[cheers.gif]

I recently had the 2008 and 2009 Lia’s Vineyard regular PN bottlings and they were both superb. This offer was way too tempting to pass up!

Peter: Of course! “cold weather, blah, blah blah.” Maybe get east coast out in a couple of weeks? Knock wood. Won’t hit credit card until I process for shipping unless you want to be charged today. You never know - my tractor might run me over while flailing the prunings (think Fargo) and I wouldn’t trust my wife (grief stricken widow) with clearing out the shopping cart program …

Rickie - always a pleasure sharing my wines with you! So glad you enjoyed the “normales” I think you’ll find the Jory Bench Reserve to be a step up … otherwise I’m not very good at my “job”… (pay and conditions suck, but the benefits - physical and spiritual … [cheers.gif] )

Looking forward to these, especially the '10.