2x Nuits-Saint-Georges “La Charmotte”
[u]BUY NOW - Available for immediate shipment[/u]

[u]Laleure-Piot Blanc Mixed 6-Pack - $172
(Normally $230)
[/u]

3x 2012 Bourgogne Blanc “Les Galtieres”
3x 2012 Pernand-Vergelesses Blanc
[u]BUY NOW - Available for immediate shipment[/u]

Please click through the links above to see pictures, read descriptions and reviews.

More details on Le Grappin

“I tried the 2013 releases and fell in love with them. They’re quite beautiful, with freshness and a transparency that really allows the terroirs to speak. Nielsen is very light on his extraction with the red wines, and the result is real elegance.” > -Jamie Goode

Andrew Nielsen of Le Grappin was named one of “The 10 Best Unsung Burgundy Producers” by Bill Nanson on Wine-Searcher.com.

UK critic Tim Atkin has named Andrew Nielsen of Le Grappin on his list of the “Top 25 producers to watch: The superstars of tomorrow”

“[Andrew] is doing some excellent work and these are wines that will make any Burgundy lover very happy to add to their cellar.” - > John Gilman, A View From the Cellar

Le Grappin Beaune Premier Cru “Boucherottes” Rouge

“Andrew Nielsen describes this as a great little site that no one knows about. It’s tense, fine and bright with crisp, crunchy raspberry and red cherry fruit with nice grippy structure. Lovely savoury, spicy edge. Pure, fine and detailed.” > 94/100 Jamie Goode

“Again excellent medium-plus colour. The nose is darker and just faintly spicy. Despite a little CO2 this is clearly a more direct and transparent wine of good intensity. Lovely width and purity to the flavours from the mid-palate onwards into the finish. Really good!” > Bill Nanson The Burgundy Report

Le Grappin Savigny les Beaune Rouge

“12.5% alcohol. From the Aux Fournaux lieux dit, right next to Aloxe Corton and Pernand Vergelesses. Andrew Nielsen says, ‘this is the wine that defines Le Grappin.’ So fine, fresh and pure with lovely elegant red cherry and raspberry fruit. Lovely tension and purity here. Super-elegant with real delicacy.” > 94/100 Jamie Goode

“Really great colour. The nose has fine depth of aroma, and is seemingly almost textured – really lovely. Round yet with the upmarket concentration expected of a 1er cru – lovely weight of extract. I think this an excellent result.” > Bill Nanson The Burgundy Report

Le Grappin Savigny les Beaune Blanc

“Lovely tension here, with nice rich nutty notes alongside pear and white peach, but also some fresh mineral quality, too. Real purity to this wine.” > 93/100 Jamie Goode

“The aromatic here is nicely round with a slowly growing, fresher aspect. Round in the mouth too with a slowly bubbling acidity below. It would be even better with just a twist more of acidity, but the depth of flavour is lovely – it remains a really tasty wine.” > Bill Nanson The Burgundy Report

More details on Mark Haisma

“He seems to have struck gold. His wines have an excellent balance between fruit, expression and refreshment without being in any way wimpish. The wines are also, appetisingly, bone dry.” > -Jancis Robinson

Mark spent a decade working together with the late Dr. Bailey Carrodus of Yarra Yering in the Yarra Valley. His passion for making a wine that expresses the purity of the fruit and further reflects the soil they are grown is what drew him to Burgundy. He makes wines that are bright and fresh and uses a ‘hands off’ approach to create a pure expression of the terroir.

Mark is on Jancis Robinson’s list of “Over performers”

Mark Haisma was named a “Top 25 Burgundy Producers to Watch” by Tim Atkin (2013 & 2014)

Mark Haisma 2012 Morey-Saint-Denis 1er Cru “Les Chaffots”

93 points. Tim Atkin, MW.

100% whole bunch ‘to give the excellent fruit some direction’. Just south of Monts Luisants (steep, exposed, broken limestone – tricky vineyard just below Ponsot), high up above the village. Tiny berries in 2012.
Definitely darker than 2011s. Bright cherry red. Very racy nose. Very aromatic. Smooth and flattering. Lots of concentration. Very impressive." > 17 Jancis Robinson

Mark Haisma 2012 Gevrey-Chambertin “Croix des Champs”

92 points. Tim Atkin, MW.

“Oaky, smoky dark and inviting and an attractive hint of stalky freshness (50% whole bunch). Fluid yet compact. Long and savoury but with plenty of fruit at the core.” > 17+ Jancis Robinson

“As with all the wines I do a very exacting sorting of the fruit. Fermented in large cement ferment, which is great for heat retention. I use approximately 30-40% whole bunches. My fermentations are slow, with very little pump overs once the ferment is going I will start a very gentle punch downs, often just using my feet. Elevage in a combination of 2, 3, 4 year old wood for 12 months. I am really looking for brightness of pinot noir, lots of crunchy acidity but still showing a good structure.”

• Mark Haisma

Mark Haisma 2012 Nuits-Saint-Georges “La Charmotte”

92 points. Tim Atkin, MW.

“I was very careful not to overdo the tannins, which for me is a common failing of Nuits-Saint-Georges. This was totally de-stemmed, had no pump overs, only very gentle foot treading to keep the cap broken and turned over. It is still Nuits-Saint-Georges, but I think far more aromatic.” - Mark Haisma

Towards Clos Vougeot below the premiers crus. All destemmed. Gently extracted.
“Very perfumed. Lovely scent” 16 Jancis Robinson

Links again for your convenience:
[u]Le Grappin 2013 Mixed 6-pack[/u]
[u]Mark Haisma 2012 Mixed 6-pack[/u]

Thank you for your support and hope you enjoy the wines!

Sincerely,
Jason Berry,
[u]Amitié Wines[/u]
http://www.amitiewines.com
[u]Twitter: @amitiewines[/u]
Jason.Berry@AmitieWines.com

I can vouch for the Le Grappin wines, as I’ve had them in previous vintages and now buy every year I can. Incredible purity and so soulful.

Ditto to Beau. I bought the Berserker Day deal last year and am in for this year. This one is going beyond my budget for the day (and year) but I think they are worth it.

Thanks guys, we are really proud to represent Andrew (Le Grappin) and Mark’s wines. They are really doing great work and the wines show it.

Jason

And MORE non-domestic wines!!! It’s a Burgundy Extravaganzza this year!

Tim Atkin’s 2013 Burgundy report just came out this morning and Le Grappin, Mark Haisma and Champy (Laleure-Piot) were each named as a Top 25 Negociant!

Nice works guys!!

Also the Grappin labels are beautiful.

I didn’t notice the Laleure-Piot whites in the preview, but couldn’t resist at that price!

Thanks Chuck, we think Dmitri Bazas does a great jobs with the whites.

Jason

Hi Andrew here! Thanks to everyone who has purchased our 2013s via Pre-Release or today (my birthday!). It really makes me feel incredibly proud and humbled by the number of people who put their hard earned down on our wines. It makes all the long hours worthwhile. Thank you.

Tim Atkin MW’s 2013 Burgundy Report came out today with our Savigny Blanc rated #1, our Savigny Rouge #2, and our Beaune 1er Cru Rouge #2 wines of their respective appellations, and he also put us on his list of the Top 25 Négociants in Burgundy.

Beau & Adam - thank you for your very kind words and I hope the 2013s live up to expectations, I think it is my best vintage to date (I know every winemaker says that…). The Boucherottes especially, is everything I am trying to achieve with Le Grappin. Thanks for your continued custom. It really means a lot.