The Debate!

This is a wine that is very dear to my heart. Many of you who know me in person know my insatiable desire to Debate. Whether it is about work, life, the past, uncertainty…it is the Debate which truly brings out my passion. I never set out to create a wine that a critic would consider perfect, yet Robert Parker reviewed the 2012 Debate “Beckstoffer To Kalon” with a perfect 100-point score. I humbly offer for you to be the judge.

For Berserker Day VI, we are excited to offer you the Inaugural Release of the 2010 Debate 3-Pack, featuring Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons from three of the most historic vineyards in Napa Valley: Beckstoffer Missouri Hopper, Beckstoffer To Kalon, and Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Vineyards. The Berserker Day price is $360.00 per 3-pack ($120.00 a bottle), and we have an extremely limited supply. Please reply with orders and comments to chelsea@thedebatewine.com. Thank you kindly.

Cheers – Jean Hoefliger.

The first of several from Alpha Omega and something for the cab lovers, finally!!

I have tried the missouri hopper and the btk. I will post full notes when I pop the Dr Crane but these wines are in the spirit of the alpha omega single vineyards in that they demand time in the bottle. It took three days open on the counter for them to fully strut their stuff. The hopper is the bigger of the two with lots of lush dark fruit and the btk is more silky and sexy when side by side. They are excellent wines but they need 5 years plus in the bottle imo.

In, just spoke w/ Chelsea. This should be a fun 3 pack to check in on.
Back in 2011 or 2012 did a barrel room , barrel tasting of Hopper, TK, Dr Crane and really liked the Hopper. Last visit it was Sunshine and ERA from 2012 vintage that I liked.

Last year bought some (+ some ERA). Checked in on the 08 ERA and Hopper. Intriguing project and somewhat surprised this got pushed down to page 2 with not a bunch of action…

Actually Thank you for that. The Debate is actually not an AO thing. It is a different winery.