Wine Library Berserker Day offers

Hello Berserkers!

So our first deal is site wide free shipping on all orders. Simply use the code BerserkerDayFS at check to get free shipping on all orders.

We also selected 5 items and added additional discounts to those. 3 side notes.
-The 2 Barolos have additional quantity coming at the end of this week. Due to the impending storm on the east coast, we can’t get more stock till the end of the week, but we are taking back orders if they over sell.
-The Talenti is a pre-sale due in the spring.
-Also due to the impending storm, there is a very strong chance the store will not be open tomorrow. If you need ANYTHING, please email me at idorin@winelibrary.com. I will be available throughout the day to answer questions!

2010 - ROCCHEVIBERTI BAROLO ROCCHE DI CASTIGLIONE

Price: $44.97 on sale ( was $59.99 )- Use code BerserkerDay1 to get this for $34.99 per bottle

94 Points Wine Enthusiast
“Juicy red and black cherry, crushed raspberry, violet, white pepper, cinnamon and sage sensations all come together. Assertive tannins and exhilarating acidity balance out the intense fruit and spice flavors. It’s still austere and tight but displays great breeding and serious aging potential. Drink after 2020.”

2010 - BAUDANA BAROLO SERRALUNGA

Price: $47.97 on sale ( was $59.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay2 to get this for $34.99

94 Points Antonio Galloni - Vinous
“Dark cherries, plums, smoke, tobacco, melted road tar, licorice, savory herbs and menthol all meld together in the 2010 Barolo Serralunga. Rich, deep and muscular, the 2010 is a great introduction to the wines of the village. There is no shortage of personality. This is an especially powerful, dense entry-level Barolo with tons of sheer appeal. However, the firm tannins will need time to soften, though, so readers need to be patient.”

94 Points Wine Spectator
“The pure cherry flavor is shaded by leather and tar accents in this succulent, firmly structured Barolo. Dense and fresh, leaving a dusty impression on the finish. Best from 2018 through 2035. 536 cases made.”

2010 - TALENTI BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO

Price: $49.99 on sale ( was $64.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay3 to get this for $39.99

96 Points James Suckling
“A layered and rich red with a light prune, plum and berry character, as well as hints of walnuts. Full-bodied, chewy and tannic yet showing polish and refinement. An almost iodine undertone. Better in 2016.”

2012 - BERTHEAU LES AMOUREUSES CHAMBOLLE MUSIGNY

Price: $299.98 on sale ( was $379.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay4 to get this for $249.99

93 Points Allen Meadows - Burghound
“This easily possesses the most complex nose in the range with its notably spicy aromas of plum, black cherry and lilac. There is a cool and restrained mouth feel that is very sophisticated as the supporting tannins are quite fine grained and the almost pungent minerality adds lift to the satin-textured finish that is markedly austere at present. Like the Charmes in 2012 this is more structured than it usually is.”

2008 - SPRING MOUNTAIN CABERNET SAUVIGNON

Price: $59.97 on sale ( was $75.00 )- Use code BerserkerDay5 to get this for $49.99

"The Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is laden with loads of chocolate and rich, ripe fruit, specifically blackberry, cherry and plum. The palate is bright, full-bodied and balanced. Jammy fruit, toasty oak and hints of licorice and spice round out the wine. Decant to release the abundant flavors and aromas of this youthful and vibrant Cabernet.

Spring Mountain Vineyard is an 850 acre estate on the eastern slopes of Spring Mountain. Over 225 acres of the estate are planted to vine, representing 135 distinct hillside vineyard blocks with many soil types, exposures, and microclimates. Originally four individual 19th century Napa Valley vineyards, Miravalle, Alba, Chevalier and La Perla are now one vineyard producing exclusively estate grown wines. Growing primarily Bordeaux grape varieties, the vineyard yields distinctive mountain wines of concentration, elegance and longevity. " -Winery

2010 - GUIGAL EX VOTO ROUGE HERMITAGE
2010 Guigal Ex Voto Rouge Hermitage | Wine Library … -hermitage
Price: $369.98 on sale ( was $449.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay6 to get this for $269.99 a bottle

Size: 750ML Country: France Region: Rhone ABV: 13.5% Varietals: Syrah / Shiraz

100 Points Jeb Dunnuck - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
“At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the 2010 Hermitage Ex Voto is as good as it gets. Following some of the most concentrated, rich Cote Roties ever made, it still ratcheted up the concentration level with its massive, palate saturating levels of gamey dark fruits, cassis, licorice, chocolate, graphite and powdered rock. It this beauty doesn’t make fireworks go off in your head, I don’t know what will. Full-bodied, deeply concentrated and structured, yet also fine, elegant and delineated, it is nothing short of incredible. Give this awesome Hermitage 5-6 years in the cellar and feel free to drink it anytime over the following 4-5 decades. The father/son team of Marcel and Philippe Guigal continue to keep their estate at the top of the hierarchy in the Rhône Valley. All the way from their inexpensive Côtes du Rhône to their top-end Côte Rôties and Hermtiage, the attention to detail and focus on quality is unmatched. Readers should also check out the recent Rhone Retrospective article I wrote that covered the Saint Joseph Vignes des Hospices, Côte Rôtie Brune et Blonde, Côte Rôtie Chateau d’Ampuis and Côte Rôtie La Mouline cuvees going back for over a decade. I said it there, and I’ll say it again here, this estate is producing some of the most incredible and singular wines in the world.”

96-98+ Points Robert Parker - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
“Close in quality, the 2010 Hermitage Ex-Voto reveals more minerality and definition as well as Hermitage’s tell-tale creme de cassis, blackberry liqueur, licorice and spring flower characteristics. This full-bodied, massive wine should last for 25-40 years.”

98 Points Wine Spectator
“This has lavish range, with intense steeped plum, anise, pain d’épices, singed apple wood and fruitcake notes layered together, framed by smoldering charcoal and sweet tobacco accents and riveted to a tarry spine. Expands like a fractal in the glass to display enormous depth and length. Features mouthwatering cut from start to finish despite the heft. An extremely impressive wine that will need some time to stretch out fully. Best from 2018 through 2040. 600 cases made.”

And folks, Wine Library now has a Wine Berserkers-only mailing list, that includes FREE SHIPPING on any order for Wine Berserkers, but you have to sign up! It’s in the banner ad that shows up on the right hand side, for those who can see it…

Ahhh, if only WL still shipped to Texas :-/

Ian - I get “can’t find the promotion code” error when I try to check out.

How do you sign up if you can’t see the ad btw?

No, Texas? Crap!

How do those who don’t see the banner ad sign up?

Posted in Commerce Corner or email Ian

Thanks Chris.

We couldn’t find your coupon in the system, we’re sorry. If you think this is in error, please contact info@winelibrary.com.

what is going on?

+1

perhaps if The WL spelled Berserker correctly it would work …

Got mine to work by doing a copy/paste of the coupon codes. Order in. #berserkerday

One of the wines I ordered is “waiting for fulfillment,” the other is “preparing for charge.”

I fixed it!
it’s spelled right now!

Picked up 6 of the 2010 - BAUDANA BAROLO SERRALUNGA. $35 with free shipping- score!

Worked for me! Thanks, Ian.

Aah, they are one of the retailers who have decided not to ship to MN.

I don’t think that is the correct Vinous review for the Baudana Serralunga?

Hey Scott, not sure which review you are peaking at, but this is the wine.
http://www.vinousmedia.com/wines/luigi-baudana-2010-barolo-del-comune-di-serralunga-d-alba