WEYGANDT WINES: 2012 Dugat-Py

We have a very small quantity of 2012 Bernard Dugat-Py Gevrey-Chambertin Très Vieilles Vignes Coeur de Roy & 2012 Bernard Dugat-Py Mazis-Chambertin. We’ve all heard the hype about the '12 vintage, so I won’t spend a lot of time on this. The offer is for 1:1 Coeur de Roy:Mazis-Chambertin, first come, first served. WS Pro low on the Coeur is $150 and on the Mazis $795. Our prices are $125 and $695, respectively. We’ll also waive any shipping costs within the continental US. And the notes for those that care:

Bernard Dugat-Py Gevrey-Chambertin Très Vieilles Vignes Coeur de Roy 2012 - Here the floral component is much softer though not invisible as the overtly sauvage dark berry fruit aromas, earth and humus suffused aromas dominate. There is a lovely minerality that adds lift to the very rich and muscular medium weight plus flavors that deliver fine power and excellent length for a villages level wine. In a word, impressive. (Drink starting 2022) - BH 90-92

(these vines range from 50 to 103 years of age, according to Dugat): Wild cassis on the nose. Sweet, chewy and intense; a step up in energy from the foregoing samples, showing excellent density and texture to the dark berry, mineral and spice flavors. Really spreads out and vibrates on the finish. An outstanding village wine in the making. - IWC 90-93

Dugat-Py’s 2012 Gevrey-Chambertin Cœur du Roy emerges from parcels ranging from 50-103 years of age. Dark cherry, plum, smoke, licorice and black olive are rich and explosive on the palate, The 2012 is endowed with stunning purity and depth. This is another huge Burgundy that is going to require at least a few years in bottle. (Drink between 2017-2032) - Vinous 92-94

Bernard Dugat-Py Mazis-Chambertin 2012 - There is enough reduction present to flatten the nose. By contrast there is good punch, freshness and energy to the very ripe and velvety big-bodied flavors that are shaped by very firm tannins that are more than buffered by the abundant sap on the superbly long, balanced and powerful finish. I very much like the intense minerality as it adds a sense of lift and vibrancy. This is a very impressive Mazis. (Drink starting 2030) - BH 93-96

Full ruby-red. More refined on the nose than the Mazoyeres, offering scents of purple fruits and violet. Silky on entry, then subtly sweet and fine-grained in the middle, offering a terrific combination of power and finesse. As sweet and juicy as this is, it’s still youthfully folded in on itself. Finishes fresh, harmonious and very long, with palate-staining purple fruits, refined tannins and a hint of pepper. At this point in our tasting Bernard Dugat expressed the opinion that his 2012s were fruitier than his 2010s. - IWC 93-96

Rose petals, violets, anise and sweet red cherries lift from the glass in Dugat-Py’s 2012 Mazis-Chambertin. The contours are refined, silky and polished throughout. This is a fabulous showing from a wine that is vibrant, crystalline and utterly breathtaking. Although the Mazis is quite floral and intensely aromatic, it also has plenty of depth and mid-palate pliancy. (Drink between 2022-2037) - Vinous 95-97

Reply to this post, PM me or email me at tim@weygandtwines.com for the quickest response. Thanks!

More Chambertin for the Burgundy lovers!

boom

My read of this is that it’s a bottle of each? The Mazis is too baller for me but I wouldn’t mind 2 Gevrey bottles.