Harrington Wines... and now for something completely different, take two

Harrington Wines… and now for something completely different, take two

Offering up another Harrington Cork-Dork 4-pak special – same four wines as last year but updated to the most recent vintage releases.
Special BerserkerDay price of $95 + shipping and state-specific taxes.

'14 Trousseau, Siletto Vineyard, Cienega Valley, 50 cases produced
'13 Nebbiolo, Luna Matta & Berardo Vineyards, Paso Robles, 50 cases produced
'14 Lagrein, Berardo Vineyard, Paso Robles, 50 cases produced
'14 Pinot Noir, Coast Grade Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains, 98 cases produced
Retail price on this 4-pak is $135, so a 30% savings

If you are interested, go to the PURCHASE page on the Harrington website and click the ADD TO CART button directly under the SPECIAL OFFER: WineBerserker 2016 heading.
http://www.harringtonwine.com/purchase/

[resizeableimage=300,289]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12541070_10204876797314328_2339591894222211470_n.jpg?oh=ccc5c72ba0595a979af8f9c41cad7401&oe=57403A37[/resizeableimage]
Ken Zinns and Al Osterheld pitchfork
while Wes Barton and Casey Bowers sort fruit
at Harrington Wines in San Francisco

The Story
Harrington Wines was started in 2002 with a focus on old-vine, organic and sustainably-grown Pinot Noir. Since 2008 we have been digging around California’s backcountry for forgotten viticultural gems with good bones and prudent, mindful growers. Recent wines include Corvina, Rondinella, Mission, Trincadeira, Teroldego, Montepulciano, Aglianico, Greco di Tufo and Malvasia. In the winery, we steer clear of all the techno hocus-pocus and stick hard by the basics. Since our wines are unfamiliar to many Berserkers, here are descriptions of the four wines.

The Wines
The Trousseau is sourced from an old vineyard growing the odd and forgotten. Numerous French and Italian varieties such as Sagrantino, Montepulciano, Negrette and Trousseau have been planted in this remote hilltop vineyard in San Benito County. The mix of granite and limestone soils from the surrounding Gavilan Mountains create a wine with the characteristic Trousseau flavors of dried rose petal, dusty strawberry, pepper, along with bramble and black tea. Fragile, sticky tannins. Imagine a Pinot Noir teetering around in red stiletto heels.

The 2013 Nebbiolo is a blend from two Westside Paso Robles calcareous slate vineyards. The Luna Matta Vineyard is a higher elevation (1750 ft) vineyard planted to the 142 and 230 clones which contribute bright floral aromatics, red fruits and powdery tannins. The Pelletiere (formerly Berardo) Vineyard is planted to the Lampia Nebbiolo clone, adding deeper color, dense, heady aromatics and dark fruit and tar flavors. See for yourself if Nebbiolo can grow successfully outside of Piemonte.

The Harrington Lagrein comes from the same calcareous hillside in Paso Robles as the Nebbiolo mentioned above. An energetic wine with a soft palate and pure flavors of creamy black cherry, blackberry and leather. Looking at this blue-black wine in the glass, it’s hard to believe Lagrein is a descendent of Pinot Noir. A perfect match for the strong flavors of winter dishes.

Coast Grade Pinot is a welcome addition to the California Pinot Noir roster as it is harvested from vines planted on a rare limestone-soil ridge in the Santa Cruz Mountains only 1.5 miles from the Pacific Ocean. The chalky limestone soils and chilly location help to create a delicate, floral, spicy, structured Pinot Noir. This vineyard has a great future ahead. While you won’t be tasting a Coast Grade Pinot “from the very beginning,” you will be close.

If you have any shipping concerns, want to discuss these (or other) wines in more detail, here is my email address: bh at harringtonwine dot com

Thanks,
Bryan Harrington

[resizeableimage=720,195]http://www.chateau.harringtonwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cropped-web-header1.png[/resizeableimage]

All right, the Harrington Wines offer is live - another “Cork-Dork” special 4-pack for Berserkers this year!

Exactly the offer I was waiting for. Really good wines. My preference would be to sub something else for the Pinot Noir just because the others are so much less common, but they were some of the most interesting CA wines I’ve had in the last few years. Good job guys. Order placed.

Order in, thanks Bryan and Ken.

This was a very easy buy. I bought last year’s offer and then had to go back for another case of Harrington wines.

Thanks, Greg, Marc, and Brian [cheers.gif] I’m sure you’ll enjoy this year’s wines!

Is there an option to pick up the wine? I’ve been meaning to get to one of the Open House days anyway.

Shouldn’t be a problem. I’m sure Bryan would love to have you come by.

In for the Berserker Pack.

Thanks, Stew! [cheers.gif]

In for this offer. Looking forward to trying these!

The Trousseau is delicious.

Thanks, Vincent and Alex! [cheers.gif]

Excuse me while I shill for a moment, but I really love this Pinot. This little sub-region has a unique and wonderful expression. Up the road a ways is McHenry Vineyards. If you’re familiar with them, you might be getting the idea. They were the inspiration for Randall Grahm to go into the wine business and plant next door. Unfortunately, he didn’t replant after losing his vines to Pierce Disease. Anyway, expect a wine that’s light on its feet, but has a huge depth and breadth of expression.

Yes, the sub-region is Ben Lomond Mountain, right around the small town of Bonny Doon. Not that many people are familiar with this small AVA, but it’s a special part of the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Coast Grade Vineyard

Very cool offer, I’m in for one. I’ve enjoyed a Harrington '09 Neb and '09 Wiley Vineyard AV Pinot Noir, so this was practically a no brainer.

Thanks, Greg! [cheers.gif]

Ken, are you around on Mon? I’m going to drop by to pick up my wine/kibbitz/check the space/taste. I may have Lundblad in tow. Worried that Brian may talk me into planting/grafting to one of the weirdo varieties in which you guys traffic.

I can stop by on Monday - just let me know when. Your Marin vineyard is probably not the right spot for Frappato or Nerello Mascalese. But maybe up in Amador… [cheers.gif]

How about Cornalin and Schiava?