Longplay Wine ...'12 vs '13

We own a vineyard, Lia’s Vineyard, in the Chehalem Mountains AVA.
While we sell most of our fruit to some of Oregon’s top wineries, we keep a little bit for ourselves.
We make “grower pinot noir” - wines crafted with minimal intervention in small lots that highlight the unique character of our site.
We named our wine “Longplay” because we say wine is like music:
There are many genres and styles, and “best” is more a question of taste than absolutes.
Our label features a detail of an image of our turntable because we think
too much technology can get in the way of making great wine.
We work closely with our winemaker, Jay Somers of J. Christopher wines,
and our vineyard manager, Javier Marin, formerly vineyard manager at Shea,
to produce wines that respect the uniqueness and potential of our site.
Rockin’ Berserker Day VII with the Longplay:

No need for special coupon codes to take advantage of the offer (I’m a farmer, not a programmer) - just go to the Longplay website. The price goes up on Thursday.
2012 vs. 2013 - Lia’s Vineyard six-shooter dueling pinots!
Some people love the 2012 vintage from the Willamette Valley for its lush fruit and rich pinots. Others prefer the balance and elegance of the 2013 vintage. Here is a chance for you to choose favorite year or pick one from each vintage with different bottlings from the same vineyard at crazy good prices.

Bottles One & Two: Lia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir (retail $27/btl) - this is our flagship and is blocks and barrels from every corner of our 50-acre site. The diversity of soils, elevations and aspect mean this is a complete wine that offers complexity and a degree of consistency. Not much oak, just a nice pinot noir. '12 and/or '13 - one of each is the default or take a stand and go long your favorite vintage!

Bottles Three & Four: Jory Bench Reserve Pinot Noir (retail $38/btl) - in the northwest corner of the vineyard are some Wadenswil and Pommard vines that were planted about 25 years ago. These own-rooted vines consistently produce our best fruit - I spend a lot of time here and the vines are meticulously farmed as individual plants with great attention to detail. A hint more oak (between 20 and 25 percent new); barrels that don’t make the cut find their way into the regular Lia’s Vineyard bottling. '12 and/or '13 - one of each is the default or choose your favorite vintage!

Bottles Five & Six: These are both one-time bottlings. Experience and Lucky 13 (69 and 72 cases produced, respectively, retail $42/btl). Experience is a happy accident, as I never would have thought to try this 50-50 blend of gamey, chunky Mariafeld and elegant, floral 115 clones unless I had experienced them in the cellar. Racking from tank to barrel after fermentation in 2012, I had a half barrel each of Mariafeld and 115, so we just married them to fill a barrel. A few months later this barrel was a standout in the cellar. After trying different ratios, 50:50 was the clear winner and merited its own bottling, so I grabbed the best barrels from each lot for a three barrel blend. This is a darker, richer pinot than you might normally expect from the Willamette Valley, but it is tight and fresh, not flabby, 1/3 new wood. Similarly, Lucky 13 was created in the cellar. A 114 clone lot had wonderful texture and bright pie cherry notes that I balanced with some plush Pommard from the Jory Bench. I thought up the blend late one sleepless night and didn’t even taste it until after it was bottled. I say sometimes you’re good, sometimes you’re lucky, and sometimes you’re a bit of both. One of each is the default or double-down on your favorite vintage!
If you don’t want the default mix, just tell me your preferred vintages for each tier in the comments section when you order and you’ll never know what you missed!
Invite some friends, taste them blind, and guess the vintage and the bottling! Fun, fun, fun.

Six bottles. Only $$$ versus retail value of $214, (yup, awesome Chehalem Mountains pinot noir for $$/btl = savings of %%%) plus $1 ground shipping (usually FedEx).

Click here to buy: [u]Longplay Pinot Noir Berserker Pack[/u]

Huge thanks to all of the Berserkers who have participated in the past and then joined the Groove Club! That’s how you keep the deals coming!
Add to your order and you can use coupon code LP10 on orders of $300 or more. (Note that shipping charges will go up for 13-17 bottles.) If you like the wines please revisit our store and order again.

Sorry, but we cannot ship to: AL DE IN KY ME MD MA MT OK PA RI UT. Alaska and Hawaii pay a bit extra. We charge sales tax if our license requires that we pay taxes to your state.

Click here for more info on these and all of our wines.
Click here to visit our store entrance that lays out terms and conditions.
Call or text me if you have a question: 503-489-8466 or email: info@longplaywine.com

Looks like the shopping page is not up yet. I’ll be in on a six pack when it is.

Peter Hickner

It is up. My order is in, got e-mail confirm

Click link below price

I must have been a few minutes early. Yes, it is working now.

P Hickner

This is always a must-purchase. Todd’s an awesome guy and makes some decent wine.

I resolved to try at least a couple of new producers this year, and since I have less experience with Oregon PN than from other regions, this made the list. Looking forward to giving them a try.

+1, I also ordered. Especially happy to see that you ordered too Mike, as my palate generally aligns with yours and love your TNs.

Quite a bit of action on Preview/Early Purchase day, but I bet there’s some left!

I really regret living in Alabama on days like this.

It is looking like we might hit single digits in parts of the Midwest next week, so I’m planning to hold shipments east of the Rockies until temps warm up a bit. California, Washington and Arizona orders will ship on Monday. (A couple preview orders will go out today and hopefully beat the cold.) I don’t charge your credit card until I process for shipping. Thanks! Feel free to contact me with questions.

In for 1 !

got my Longplay 6 pack order in … [cheers.gif]

Berserker Day is ended but there are always some rockin’ deals on the Longplay website! (If I sold at BD prices all the time I wouldn’t be able to keep the lights on.) Be sure to stop by and see us in Newberg if you are in the area and don’t be afraid to order year-round from our website (that’s why we do the BD!). Feel free to contact me if you love a wine, and let me know if a wine doesn’t meet expectations and we’ll try to make it right. Thanks!