Cabot Vineyards- oldies but goodies

Once again, we are offering a variety of library wines, with a few newbies thrown in. These wines have been quietly resting in our winery since bottling. All wines other than our Pinot Noirs from Anderson Valley are from our organically farmed, own rooted and estate grown vineyards here in Orleans, Klamath River, Humboldt County.
We are offering complimentary shipping on case orders(mix and match), and $10 flat rate on six packs.

Please go to http://www.cabotvineyards.com. We have berserkerday buttons set up to make it quick and easy. Just click on Berserkerday wines and order away.

If you would like to fill out your case with current release wines that are not included in the berserkerday packs, we still have small amounts left over from our Fall mailer at normal retail pricing. Click on “our wines” and it will automatically add on to your order.

Pinot 6 Pack- $180

1 2011 Anderson Valley- Blend of mostly Valley Foothills vineyard(next to Navarro winery), and Nash Mill vineyard (next to Burt Williams, Morning Dew), 50% whole cluster.

1 2011 Nash Mill Vineyard- 100% Pommard Clone 2, 75% whole cluster. All native yeast and ml. No new oak(as with all of our wines)

1 2012 Anderson Valley- Valley Foothills “Day Ranch” 100% whole cluster, clones 115 and 667

1 2013 Anderson Valley- 85% VF “Day Ranch”, 15% Nash Mill

2 2012 Mendocino- 2 barrels of declassified Nash Mill.

Syrah- Humboldt Vertical Pack- $160

2 2009 Humboldt Syrah- 50% Ishi Pishi Ranch, 25% Henderson Hill, 25% Kimberlys vineyard

2 2010 Humboldt Syrah- 100% Kimberlys vineyard, 33% whole cluster

2 2011 Humboldt Syrah- 100% Kimberlys vineyard, 50% whole cluster

Syrah- Special Syrah Sixer- $180 Case price(2 of each)- $350

1 2012 Kimberly’s Syrah

1 2009 Kimberly’s Syrah

1 2009 Les Duex Comtes- 50% Kimberly’s vineyard, 25% Thompson vineyard Syrah(Santa Barbara County) and 25% Camp 4 4 vineyard Grenache(Santa Ynez Valley).

1 2009 Humboldt Syrah

1 2010 Humboldt Syrah

1 2011 Humboldt Syrah

Aged Zins six pack- $150

2 2007 Zinfandel, Tributary- 77% Zinfandel, 32% Syrah, 1% Viognier- This wine, at 9 years old, is entering the claret phase, showing lead pencil, cedar shavings, black olive, dark cherry, dark chocolate and soy sauce components. It would surely fool your wine geek friends in a blind tasting.

2 2009 Zinfandel Tributary- 100% Zinfandel, Ishi Pishi Ranch- this 09 has very similar characters to a young Brunello, with tar and florals on the nose. Its rich and intense, with tart black and red cherry, and a rich, structured finish, still loaded with acid. This is a great food wine.

2 2009 Klamath Cuvee- 60% Zinfandel, 40% Syrah- This is a single vineyard wine from Clover flat in the Willow Creek AVA, just 30 miles from our winery. This vineyard is in deep gravel, with own rooted vines. This was a one off for us so we designated it Klamath Cuvee. This wine is very CdP, CdR like with its kirsch, pomegranate, bright red cherry and peppery spice. Its rich and pure, with nice juiciness to it. This punches way above its fighting weight.

Aged Cabby Pack- $160

1 2004 Confluence- 75% Cabernet, 24% Merlot, Old Mill vineyard, Humboldt County- This 12 year old wine is still showing amazing
purity and fruit. its taking on extra elements of cigar smoke, licorice, and herbs, accompanying the raspberry and dark cherry fruit.

2 2007 Confluence- 50% Cabernet, Old Mill, 30% Merlot, 20% Syrah(the later two from Kimberlys vineyard, co fermented)- I just tasted this wine two nights before posting this and am REALLY happy with the way it has aged. It has that “old school” Cali Cab character, with graphite, pencil shavings, licorice, and green olive, accompanying the red and black currant, blackberry, dark cherry, cedar, clove and earth. This is very complex and should go for 5 or more years just fine.

2 2009 Confluence- 40% Merlot, 30% Malbec, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Syrah, 5% Cabernet Franc- Ishi Pishi Ranch, Orleans-
This wine has come together quite nicely with its purple flower, dark fruit and pepper nose. It is vibrant and juicy, with blue fruit hinting at strawberry and cherry, showing olive, earth, spice and some earthy, forest notes. the
finish shows just a hint of the 20% new Hungarian oak.

1 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon- 93% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc- Old Mill vineyard, Orleans- The nose on this is cool climate cab with herbs, licorice, and dark fruit. The palate is soft and smooth (at nine yrs old) with dark cherry, black currant, anise, and hints of lavender. The tannins have softened and this is in a great spot right now.

For additional notes and scores on these wines go to Cellartracker.com and search for the specific wine.

**** Don’t forget to check out the two magnums of the 2013 Pinot Noir, Nash Mill vineyard in the auction. That wine is truly
awesome.******

Must resist. Ah, screw it.

Another case (almost) on the way.
John, your order page for the cabby is missing a bottle, and the PP checkout is adding $15 shipping.
Placing the order anyway and we’ll work out the details later.

Sorry about that. Still working out some glitches.

not to worry

not to worry…

John, just ordered an Aged Cabby Pack. Can’t wait to try your wines!!!

Thank you! Hope you enjoy them.

Had to go for the cabby pack. Looks interesting. Thanks, John.

That’s great Matt. Im really happy with those wines.

John, are you trying to break my bank with these offers?

[cheers.gif]

Doing my best Peter…:wink:

I’m buying only a few things from BD, but the Aged Cabby pack from Cabot is one of them. These wines are kind of an old world / traditional California combination style, and they have such character as they age. I highly recommend them, and the value is ridiculous.

I love Cabot Syrah. The texture, flavor, longevity. …amazing. This is a no brainer case purchase.

Got a case…Cabby and Syrah vertical. Have some Deux Comtes at home, too.

Aged Zin has always been a weakness of mine. Very excited to try yours. 6 pack ordered!

In for the aged Cabby…damn…I had planned on not buying anything this year.

That Aged Cabby Pack got me again!

Just ordered my 6 pack of Syrah. I think this is my 3rd year ordering from them, and have loved every bottle!

In for the aged Zin 6-pack. As per the wife, the only producer exempt from moratoria is Cabot.

I don’t know of any west-coast producer who bests Cabot on quality/price ratio. [cheers.gif]

Cabot is the real deal.

Some of the best QPR in the biz.