BerserkerDay FAQ Thread - READ THIS FIRST (if you are new to BerserkerDay)

A few tips and tricks, outlining what BerserkerDay is all about, for those who have not yet experienced the madness. It can be confusing, so I’ll map out the basics here, in this locked sticky thread. Remember to share with your friends on Social Media, and feel free to use hashtag #berserkerday on Twitter as much as possible!

First of all, BerserkerDay (full history posted below) is a celebration of the founding of this amazing and vibrant community of wine lovers around the world, and it started on the first anniversary of our founding, some 8 years ago. The idea is to have a day-long celebration by introducing wine and wine-related products to the community at large, at deals that you CANNOT find elsewhere, primarily because those making the offer are so small that they don’t have ‘sales’. It’s a fantastic way to introduce yourself to some new small wineries, in particular, and I can attest - as can thousands of others who have bought on BerserkerDay - that I’ve found some of my favorite producers this way.

• BerserkerDay is, as always, January 27th, and should start around 7 am Pacific

• All offers will be posted here, IN THIS FORUM, with each offer as its own thread. I will be launching the offers based on the assigned times that they are given, so stay tuned, as offers will be posted every 3-5 minutes throughout the day. Plan to be here the whole day if possible, but if not, check in as often as you can, as most offers do not run out, but some do…

• Offers are made by the wineries, businesses, retailers, etc, and each offer has its own specific order parameters, which will be outlined in the offer itself. Wine Berserkers does not take any orders, has no e-commerce capabilities, nor licenses to sell wine, so each offer posted will have the directions on how to order

• Auctions - save some money for auctions, as many of our participating wineries and businesses offer auction items to the community, as thanks for the benefits they get during BerserkerDay, since there is no cost to participate (there is no cost to participate because this maximizes the discounts offered to the community! Rather than take a percentage of sales, the auctions are the way to financially support the community, throughout the year, and are a lot more fun than taking a slice from the deals being offered!)

• Subscribers will have a ‘Preview Day’ - they will have access to see all the offers on Jan 26, one day prior to BerserkerDay - to help with budget planning. Also, on ‘Preview Day’, Subscribers will be able to purchase offers from BerserkerBusiness members, which will have a separate forum visible ONLY to Subscribers and BerserkerBusiness members on that day. If you wish to become a Subscriber (fewer than 5% of the community members are Subscribers) to support the community, and take advantage of this great benefit, as well as others, click ‘Subscribe’ at the upper right hand corner of every page.

• I may not be around much to answer specific questions and help with registration issues, so please forgive me in advance if I can’t get to you on that day, as I’m going to be posting 80-90 offers and managing any issues with the server or website during the big day.

HISTORY OF BERSERKERDAY:

WHAT IS BERSERKERDAY??

For those who do not know, BerserkerDay was named for the day it was founded at its current location on the web - January 27 - with the URL wineberserkers.com. Each year, on the 27th, I invite wineries, retailers, and other peddlers of the wine industry to offer berserk deals on their wares. Each is posted throughout the day, and in (this year) 5-minute increments, spreading out the fun throughout the day, ending with an auction of even more fantastic items. This day of deals is a fantastic way for those ITB to give back to consumers, and also the reverse, as many, many new and exciting wineries/producers/wines are discovered by Berserkers on BerserkerDay, with purchases made, and discussions from those who might have experience with them. There is NO revenue sharing or cost to any participating winery or retailer, as to do that would raise the prices in the offers - this way, the maximum discount is given to all those who show up on this magical day. It’s also a way for me to give back to what makes Wine Berserkers what it is - the community! All the fantastic content on WB is from you, and here’s a way for me to setup a virtual party for everyone - current and future community members.

History of Wine Berserkers: The name ‘Berserkers’ actually comes from Mark Squires (the image below shows when/how the original group of 15 or so was named by him), before the word that bore our community became a banned word on that website and forum. Our growth has never stopped over the past 8 years (there was half a year on another domain name as well) and we’re currently over 20,000 registered members strong.
berserkersorigin.jpg
This year, be sure to tell your friends, as I’m opening the BerserkerDay VI forum up to anyone who wants to see it - you don’t HAVE to be registered (unless you have an order that requires you to PM the winery, in that case, you better register!) to see the deals. We’ll have a Twitter hashtag of #berserkerday and hope that you can post your favorite threads on Facebook as well on the 27th. PLEASE help point it out to me, so I can see when folks are sharing. My Twitter handle is @toddfrench, so please tag me, and on Facebook, I’m easy to find.