Engracia Wines 1st Berserker Day!

Hello Berserkers!!

Why haven’t you heard of us? Well, Engracia Wines officially began in 2013 with our first commercially available harvest of Silva Vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir along with Syrah and Angelica (sweet dessert wine made from Syrah Juice and fortified) from an organically farmed vineyard on Deerfield Ranch’s Estate in Kenwood, CA. We bottled our first batch in March 2015 of the Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Angelica. Our 2013 Syrah will be bottled this February. We create < 500 cases per harvest.

We are pleased to say that our wines have been well received in the wine community. Our Chardonnay won a gold medal at the Sonoma County Harvest Fair in October 2015 and our Pinot Noir took a silver medal at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition in January 2016. I have been fortunate and immensely grateful for working with the one and only Clark Smith of WineSmith Wines to improve my winemaking knowledge, technique and, seeing wine as “Liquid Music”.

I am happy to become a part of the Wine Berserker Community and with that I’d like to list some offers below to expose you to my art. This is what I love to do and I want to share it with you.

For all purchases go to: http://engraciawines.com/wines.html

If you don’t see your state listed or have trouble with the site, email me at Mike@EngraciaWines.com or call me at 954-295-8944

15 % Discount (shipping included ) for 2-5 bottles: Mix and match them however you like. Want all reds? All whites? Got a sweet tooth? Or, want to try a little of everything? ENTER THE COUPON CODE BERSERKER15 to apply your discount.

20 % Discount (shipping included ) for 6-11 bottles: Mix and match them however you like. Want all reds? All whites? Got a sweet tooth? Or, want to try a little of everything? ENTER THE COUPON CODE BERSERKER20 to apply your discount.

25 % Discount (shipping included ) for 12 bottles or more: Mix and match them however you like. Want all reds? All whites? Got a sweet tooth? Or, want to try a little of everything? ENTER THE COUPON CODE BERSERKER25 to apply your discount.

Thank you for your interest in Engracia Wines.
Salud!!!
Mike Faulk
Winepapa / Owner

Mike:

Does the Angelica hold up like port, i.e., how long will it stay drinkable once a bottle is opened?

Thanks.

Hi Cory, it will hold up like a tawney port.

I bled free run juice from the syrah, allowed it to ferment a bit then haulted fermentation by adding high proof. I barrel aged it and kept the barrel in topped and allowed it to oxidize on purpose which brought out the tawney characteristics of toasted nuts. It’s taken all the abuse you can give it and its only getting better.

Mike

Un-topped not in topped. Sorry, responding from my phone that has tiny buttons

Welcome another Newbie to BerserkerDay!

Thank you Todd. Happy to be here

I really enjoy Mike’s Pinot Noir and have previously purchased some of his other wines but my overstuffed wine cellar and limited drinking opportunities have prevented me from trying them as yet. I have met Mike personally and can say that he is not only a super nice guy but he is extremely passionate about wine and winemaking as well. He is also (as mentioned in his intro post) affiliated with Clark Smith, aka WineSmith, who is one of my absolute favorite winemakers.

Having worked alongside Clark, I expect that Mike has a distinct advantage over most of the other up and coming winemakers who have only a traditional education/background in winemaking. Buy some wine from him now and you’ll be able to brag about being one of the first to get hip to Engracia, when his wines are a hot commodity in the near future! [cheers.gif]

I’m in for a 6-pack. Thanks for the offer, Mike!