Laurel Glen Vineyard Berserker Day Deal

Hello Bezerkers - being new to the site and to Berserker Day, we have killed many brain cells coming up with a compelling offer. I hope you like it!

We have created 60 Library packs: 1 bottle each 2010 Laurel Glen Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and 2010 Laurel Glen Vineyard ‘The Laureate’ Cabernet Sauvignon. Price per 2 bottle pack: $150 plus tax, Ground shipping included. Offer not valid in AK,HI, AL,KS,MS,PA,UT.

If you’re interested, please email me (Bettina at laurel glen dot com) with your order. Please include your First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, Shipping Address, Phone Number, Credit Card Number, Exp Date, CVC Code, and any other details that will help me expedite your order. We are only able to make 60 of these Library packs available.

About the wines:
‘The Laureate’ Cabernet was a one time bottling of 87 cases from the 2010 vintage. Robert Parker wrote, “This rich, textured, fleshy effort is a superb example of Sonoma Mountain Cabernet . . . Bravo!” Of the 2010 Laurel Glen Vineyard Cabernet, he wrote, “It is the finest Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon I have tasted in over a decade.”

Cheers - Bettina

Welcome to BerserkerDay, one of our dozen or so ‘newbies’! I’ve interspersed them with the rattled old veterans to give some variety, and to encourage folks to discover wineries - and the personalities that go with them - that they might otherwise not know!

These Cabs were incredible back in the day!

Great vineyard and history, I am going in for a little.

Had both these wines during a recent trip to wine country and they are excellent and quite distinct from one another, might make for an interesting group tasting.

Maybe Bettina could chime in here and add some color on the backstory of why these two wines were produced in 2010. I think I know, but wouldn’t want to get it wrong.

I’m in. Email sent. Thanks

They sure were - and are. I’ve had the good fortune to taste every single vintage twice now and some of the vintages from the 1980’s are as stunning today as ever. Since I took over in 2011 we have done a lot to improve farming practices. The wines today are a little more polished, but the incredible terroir that is this vineyard is unchanged.

Thanks for turning me on to Wine Bezerkers, Rob! I hired David Ramey when I took over LGV to help me hire a winemaker and to guide us towards a wine style that was less austere than in the past but still retained the terroir of the vineyard. 2010 was the 1st vintage Ramey and his protogee Randall Watkins had influence on. There was always one lot of 2010 that was Ramey’s favorite. As a tribute, we bottled 4 barrels of the big guy’s favorite lot as a separate wine.