Vox Vineyards - 100% Estate, Rare American Heritage Varieties, 25% OFF + Free Shipping, 3 LEFT!

A Perfect Set For the Supreme Wine Geek

Vox Vineyards is dedicated to the propagation of rare North American grapes. Our collection consists of over 40 varieties, drawn from the pioneering work of botanist and grape breeder T. V. Munson who, along with a close circle of correspondents, bred the rootstocks which would overcome the 19th century Phylloxera plague.

The Munson circle also developed numerous grapes from the diverse American Vitus genetic pool specifically intended for wine production, and though the culmination of this project was derailed by Prohibition, many of the Munson varieties were retained in public and private vineyard collections, only to be assembled and planted on a choice vineyard site by museum designer and wine collector Jerry Eisterhold over the course of the last 20 years.

Unlike more widely known French-American hybrids, the Munson varieties draw exclusively from North American parentage. Many show remarkable complexity, with little or none of the “foxy” character of the species v. labrusca and v. rotundifolia. Some show exotic characteristics, distinctive blueberry, bayleaf, and anisette flavors (to name a few notable examples), some with great power, others with deft subtlety.

More information about us can be found at www.voxvineyards.com

The Deals

Munson Explorers Three-Pack – 25% off Retail plus Free Shipping – Total $79.00 THREE LEFT
Two Single Varietal wines and one Heritage Blend.

2012 TerraVox Cloeta (Red) – Cloeta is a spicy, bright lass. If she was a girl she’d play the role of heroine in comic operas. As a wine, she’s just as full of song and mirth. Notes of black pepper, violet, raspberry. One barrel produced.

2014 TerraVox Wetumka (White) – Completely dry but sweetly perfumed like candied fruit and honey-locust. Notes of golden raisin, gooseberry and starfruit on the palate. Marries tight acidity with depth and easy accessibility.

NV TerraVox Chateauneuf du Platte (Red) – Vox Vineyards is situated on the Loess hills just above the Platte River in a district historically known as “Little Dixie” for its favorable mesoclimate. Some complex European wines blend up to 13 varieties of the Vitus Vinifera species – here we have some 40 native varieties to work with, each with a unique flavor profile. By our calculation, that makes this all-American wine approximately three times more complex.

Norton Heritage Three-Pack – 25% off Retail plus Free Shipping – Total $110.00 FOUR LEFT
Three explorations on the classic Norton Grape.

While not strictly a Munson variety (it was developed in Virginia, and does show markers of European parentage) our Norton grows beautifully in the favorable Little Dixie climate. Notable for it’s high pigment and low tannin levels, a good Norton offers a pleasing silkiness, mysterious depth, and an exciting new encounter for the adventurous berserker.

2012 TerraVox Norton Proprietor’s Reserve – Rich dried Michigan cherry, Italian Amarena Cherry (canned), sweet vanilla, sandalwood, pencil shavings, bay leaf, hint Mr. Lincoln rose nose of fine zest, ripeness and focus. On the palate, it is medium to medium-light in body, with a polished but notably crisp edge to its flavors of blood orange zest, preserved crab apples, vanilla, sandalwood and laurel. The finish is notably long and the balance particularly food-worthy. Delightful right now, it should grow more mellow and more complex over the next twelve to eighteen months.

2013 TerraVox Norton Double Gold – This wine is darkly rich, subtly complex and very much “youthfully reserved” at opening. The nose initially offers low-key notes of dark cherry, sour cherry and dark berry compote along with scents of cherry pipe tobacco and a suggestion of chocolate-covered espresso beans. The wine is at once zesty, sappy and sinewy on the palate, where tannic grip and zest combine with flavors and accompanying textural elements of red apple skin, cherry pit, dried black cherry, nut husk, vanilla and espresso-chocolate to shift both the flavor and texture into new territory. The finish is lingering, yet extremely un-evolved and low key, after a fairly flashy mid-palate impression. Airing does little to open up the finish, but it dramatically improves the intensity of the aromas, while also adding cracked black pepper notes both to the nose and to the mid-palate flavors.

2014 TerraVox Norton – Our more reserved but still classic version of Norton has unfortunately not blessed the lavish notes you find above because we forgot to include it in the care package we sent to our Napa Valley enabler. But, we can ensure you it is delicious, melodious, and original!

[resizeableimage=150,150]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11781699_1023287804362109_7608502750966439951_n.jpg?oh=bf037d21a672662158d2ab7ff6440c62&oe=57308856[/resizeableimage] [resizeableimage=250,150]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11885030_1032611323429757_14575601380789729_o.jpg[/resizeableimage] [resizeableimage=250,150]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11112481_1010998882257668_803654003010030369_o.jpg[/resizeableimage]

For orders to any state listed below (except CA), go to our Online Store, add the individual wines in your prefered pack to your cart, and enter Coupon Code “BERSERKERS25OFF” at checkout. Please select Ground Shipping for Free Shipping.

CALIFORNIA ORDERS Please email winifred@voxvineyards.com | For general inquiries and questions, please reply to this thread.

NOTE: Shipping only to the following states – AK CA CO DC FL GA IA ID IL KS LA MA MD ME MN MO NC ND NE NH NM NV NY OH OR VA WA WI WV WY

Now here’s a VERY interesting newbie to BerserkerDay - academic/geek wine lovers will jump on this one.

Interesting that they cannot ship to California. Whats up with that? Wines do sound interesting.

I’ve had the Nortons, among others. If you’re adventurous and like rustic Zin or Petite Sirah, these are outside-the-box, worth a look.

Clark Smith of Postmodern Winemaking fame has a hand here as well. These are the sort of wines Tom Hill would be (long/boring) about.

(I know the people involved, but no commercial relationship.)

Thank you for your reply Tom! We ship through VinoShipper, so it’s a bit complicated. We have to send the shipment to their warehouse in CA, and then it gets sent out to the buyer from that point, under VinoShipper’s CA license. It’s an extra cost, so if you’re interested we can make it happen, but we cannot promise free shipping on CA orders. That being said, we wouldn’t charge the full shipping cost, just the extra amount. I’d be happy to find out what that would be based on your location.

Best,
Winifred

Yes, that would be great to know what the additional charge would be to southern CA.

What is Clark’s involvement in this project? I just enjoyed a bottle from him last night.

Adam, if you could PM me your zip code, I would be happy to contact VinoShipper to find out. If Clark sees your reply, he can go into more specifics on his roll, but briefly, he’s one of our consultants who has been guiding us through with his creative marketing and technical winemaking direction.

I’ve been receiving excellent questions about our Rare Heritage varieties, so thanks for everyone’s response so far, we’re really enjoying the Berserkers community!

If anyone in Socal gets some of this wine, I’d be interested in bringing a Gabriel-Glas stem and having a taste flirtysmile

UPDATE: Many of our orders are coming in from CA so we’re going to offer completely FREE shipping on all CA orders.

Cheers!

NICE!!! Be sure to include that in your first post…and any socal folks, SHARE!!!

A reminder: This offer is available through Midnight, Pacific Time. For those of you in our approved ship-to states, follow the link above to our webstore.

For those of you who reside in California, if you do not receive a reply from me until tomorrow, don’t fret, your 25% off discount and free shipping will still be honored.

Thank you all again for your interest!

Shout out to all my buyers in Georgia! Thank you very much for your purchases!

A tip for those entering the orders in CT, the wines (at least from the first order) are under the producer “Terravox,” matching the name on the label.

Thank you Mike, yes that is correct! TerraVox is our wine label. I’ll add something to the post now for clarification.

Thanks again for your order!

-W

For those of you interested in seeing the beauty of our vineyard, I’ve added some photos to the top. Enjoy!

Continued thanks to everyone for their purchases We have four Norton Heritage packs and five Munson Explorer packs left! Get them before they’re gone.

Four Munson Packs left, folks!

THREE Munson Packs left. Thank you all for your support and purchases!

Looking forward to trying these! Maybe I’ll bring one to a future SoCal gathering so Todd can taste :slight_smile: