THIS is why we do BerserkerDay...

I just received this PM, and, with permission, am sharing it here, because this is exactly why we do BerserkerDay:

"Todd, Wow! I can’t thank you enough for offering a venue like Wineberserkers and Berserker Day. As a tiny unknown winery, we would never in our wildest dreams have been given access to as many potential buyers as we were yesterday! We did well, we did beyond well!

Our goal was to reach as many people as we could. Our expectation on the HIGH end was 30. We sold 57 packs of wine yesterday! 57! And each person I’ve talked to thus far is excited about ordering more and sharing it with their friends! You have done more for us that any marketing firm or distributor could ever have done! It is going to take me more than two days to call all of the people who purchased wine from us! So, thank you, truly."

Makes me smile from ear to ear. I love it. Such a hard business to be in, particularly for a ‘mom and pop’ operation, and this community REALLY makes a difference for these tiny producers.

[dance-clap.gif] flirtysmile

good stuff Todd, cheers!

[cheers.gif]

Thanks for sharing the PM, Todd! This is exactly why Berserker Day is my favorite day of the year! This day is the true expression of #shopsmall.

+1. Love to purchase from the guys and girls that put the love & care into the wines they make. Happy to support their efforts and for my benefit as well. I get to drink some truly kick ass juice. If not for BD, I would have never known about these truly talented folks.

Just outstanding.

Great job Todd… again!!

[berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

Damn formatting. From 50 of the 57 of us! If I am guessing right I will be receiving a phone call tomorrow around Noon.

Really nice Todd. I can’t participate from Canada, but appreciate the enthusiasm & community the day fosters.
Glad to see it helps the “little” guys.

Awesome stuff!

Talked to him today…Super excited about the wines and hope they are a BD home run!

[berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

Cheers to Toddster for another job well done.
And also to Brig and the other minions.

Let me publicly echo the sentiments of Todd’s Private Messenger. This was an incredible event for us, especially considering that, with one or two exceptions, everybody that purchased from us has never had an opportunity to try the wines before they purchased yesterday. Incredible. For what it’s worth, we are also a very small (I’m the only full-time employee), family owned operation, and the response has been amazing/exciting/humbling to say the least! I had to make a call today to our shipping supplies vendor…

Thank you Todd!
Thank you Berserkers!
Thank you Dionysus!

Cheers!

+1 on the sentiment, and the bundles, let’s make that 58…

It’s a shitty place we share.

A big thanks to Todd (and Brig too) from Bryan Harrington and me for another great BerserkerDay. What an event you guys put together each year! I can’t imagine how much time it takes you to organize everything, and roll it all out as efficiently as you did. Beyond the sales themselves, this kind of exposure for a small winery to so many knowledgeable wine lovers is amazing. It’s a tremendous benefit to everyone involved. Cheers! [cheers.gif]

Makes me wish I could have bought more. Great job Todd And Brig !

#shopsmall - Fascinating observation. Many small wineries connecting with many individual nation-wide in a relatively small / tight community of people most of whom have never met each other. I think this Internet thing may prove to be disruptive.

Wish I got into this a few years back. Had a great time and got some great deals. The hard part was trying to work during all this :wink:. Next year I may stay home!

Agree that giving direct-to-consumer exposure for smaller and/or lesser-known wineries is a true win-win-win for everyone. I recall that at one time WB was featuring a winery of the month, with a special offer, and didn’t get much traction. But what if there were a day once a year just for the smaller and lesser-known producers?

Like BD, but expressly for (say) 5-10 wineries that most of us would never come across any other way, smaller scale and hopefully less resource intensive than BD.

Next year Berserker Day is on a Friday. You can make a 3 day weekend out of it.