WineSmith Berserker Day Offers

WineSmith 2005 Faux Chablis 3 Pack - $59.97 Shipping Included SRP $120 + Shipping

100% Chardonnay in a Chablis style - extremely dense and minerally, great palate energy, no apparent oak and 12.9% alcohol. Astonishingly fresh for its age, the nose has just begun to bloom, with complex lemon zest and champagne-like yeast aromas. Perfect for sushi or shellfish.

Please check out the Winesmith Faux Chablis Video.

For geeky tech sheet Click Here

WineSmith 2010 Cabernet Franc 3 Pack $64.98 Shipping Included SRP $120 + Shipping

I am particularly proud of this vintage. Generally my Cab Franc, by virtue of its blending with Merlot, resembles a St. Emillion, but this one is pure Graves, with a tobacco complexity I rarely get, very sexy and very French. This vintage is a little silkier than you are used to from previous vintages, but still very much in line with my balanced, elegant Bordeaux style.

WineSmith 2007 Pinot Noir 2 Pack $49.98 Shipping Included SRP $100 + Shipping

The Quail Ridge vineyard just north of Sebastopol is one of the most renowned Pinot Noir vineyards in the famed Russian River. Such wines can have unbelievable longevity potential which is seldom exploited. This wine received eight years’ aging in 20-year-old French oak and developed astonishing nuances, yet remains full of fresh black cherries that mark the Russian River. My cellar hands counsel us to serve this wine whenever romance needs a boost.

WineSmith 2007 RRV Pinot Noir Video

WineSmith 2014 Saint Laurent 3 Pack $54.99 Shipping Included SRP $100 + Shipping

This grape has very tight clusters and does poorly in humid climes like France, preferring high altitude where dry air and high UV suppress mold. It is widely planted in Austria and is the principal red grape of the Czech Republic, where it is known by its German name, Sankt Laurent. It really is like no other wine. You will find extremely dense, soft tannins supporting generous mulberry fruit which you might easily mistake for Gamay Noir except for its lingering basil aftertaste that reminds me of Carmenère.

Clark talks about the 2014 Saint Laurent

WineSmith 2007 Crucible 1 Pack $64.99 Shipping Included SRP $125 + Shipping

The enormous dimensions of this pure Cabernet Sauvignon enabled 60 months in very old French oak to develop its complex flavors, which should gain depth for several decades.

Please check out the WineSmith 2007 Crucible Video

Two Jakes "Roman Reserve Cabernet Franc - 2 Pack No Sulfites Added $63.98 Shipping Included SRP $100 + Shipping

William Younger’s “Gods, Men and Wine” offers compelling evidence that the 1,000 year Roman winemaking tradition did not involve sulfites, and we have been exploring with this ancient winemaking tradition since 2001, finding it well suited to high altitude Cab Franc from volcanic soils.

These wines seem to take care of themselves very well without added preservatives, offering up incredibly intricate aromatics full of mystery and soul. The difference reminds us of the extra flavor dimensionality one finds in the great unpasteurized French cheeses.

Please check out theTwo Jakes 2010 Roman Reserve Cabernet Franc Video

No Roman Reserve?
That would have a good story to share here…

I just finished your Postmodern book Clark and am really looking forward to trying these. I just ordered a Mystery Pack. :slight_smile:

We can offer Two Jakes Roman Reserve 2010 Cab Franc. Why not? How 'bout two bottles for $64 (that’s 36% off) and free shipping. We’ll put it on the site.

Any questions from the book?

Ordered a Mystery Pack as well.

Clark, would you be able to sign the Crucible as well? (Since I missed the offer over at WW in July)

Confirmation page showed my “mystery wine”. Got the PS. [cheers.gif]

Tons… as somebody who does NOT have an Oenology degree, or has ever made wine, just about most of the science/chemistry parts were over my head. Don’t get me wrong, I get the idea of lowering alcohol, RO, etc. But colloids, tannin structure (at an atomic level) are beyond my high school chemistry understanding.

I found the most interesting chapters to be in the second half of the book. I can’t wait to try out the experiment in the Liquid Music chapter. I also found your viewpoint of questioning Natural Wine and the definition of “manipulation” very thought provoking. I definitely wish more winemakers would be honest with what they are doing but I get that most consumers either don’t care or would be too quick to make negative snap judgements.

You betcha. My pleasure.

Thanks, Ben. I guess I should warn people that the first half of the book is pretty technical. I don’t expect non-winemakers to get all the details, but I firmly believe that it’s improper to embark on a philosophical debate about our process absent an appreciation of the complexities and the aesthetic and ethical struggles we go through on a daily basis in order to protect thesacred nature of wine and at the same time to deliver a satisfying product.

Winemaking is, after all, just cooking - an elaborate and tedious form of canning. Of course we manipulate - those are not fresh grapes in that glass. Yet no wine is as manipulated as any beer or spirit, and nobody gives brewers and distillers any guff about manipulation. It’s our job to use our skills in a way that, properly done, makes our influence invisible - to present the terroir, not the process. It’s not manipulation that’s the problem - it’s when it’s done artlessly, just as in any other type of cooking.

We just added the Roman Reserve Two-pack to our offers on the site! A really remarkable wine, Lake County Cabernet Franc made without any preservatives, sulfites. Five years in old barrels. Still a youngster with decades of age-worthiness ahead.

Roman Reserve is up, Good point, we just added it.

• Mike

Jeeze, busy day, got home ~ 21:00 and still catching up.
Hope all went well, really wanted to be more active today, just didn’t work out that way.
Good to see you here and hope WB’ers grabbed bottles.
I’ve yet to be disappointed with anything.

I ordered a Mystery Pack and a couple of Crucibles! Excited to add to my WineSmith collection!

Clark, would there be a way to add an autographed book (PostModern Wine Making)? If so, let me know costs, etc - maybe I could add to my order?

My shipment showed up today. Thanks for the prompt shipping Clark! I’m looking forward to trying these wines, especially after reading your book.

Mine arrived today - they had to travel across the country.

The Crucible wasn’t signed, but regardless, still excited to try. Thanks!

Mine arrived Monday. Excited to get back home from this work trip, and try some of them!