Johan Vineyards Library 3-packs!!

IMG_6190.JPG
JOHAN VINEYARDS BERSERKER DAY VIII DEALSWe decided to dig through our library cellar, and put together something a bit special for this Berserker Day VIII. In honor of the new year, we will offer the following: a 10yr old library selection of the three Pinot Noir wines we made in 2007, a Chardonnay vertical sampler, and a 3-pack of our PetNat sparkling wine. Many of these wines are very limited in quantities (please see limits below), so jump on these offers while you can! *** * * * * * * * * * Deal 1 * * * * * * * * * ***
2007 Pinot Noir Library 3-pack __We all know how stunning the 2007 Oregon Pinots are…Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
2007 Three Barrel Pinot Noir
The Three Barrel bottling is the result of an annual barrel selection process, which comprises our three most alluring and exotic barrels from the vintage. The goal with Three Barrel is to maximize aromatic complexity and firm acid structure, resulting in a wine built for long-term aging. This Pinot Noir was natively fermented with 89% whole cluster. It was aged in french oak for 15 months (66.6% new), then bottle aged for another 19 months prior to its release in April 2010.

2007 Nils Pinot Noir
The Nils bottling was created out of an interest to capture a specific expression from our estate. For this wine we seek power and elegance, through balance and complexity. Our highest pitched East-facing slope produces some of the most compelling fruit on the property, leading to a more masculine expression of Pinot Noir from our site. This slope provides the dark fruit and earthy base notes of the Nils bottling. This blend was natively fermented, with 33% whole cluster. It was aged in 50% new french oak for 15months, then bottle aged for another 7months prior to its release in August 2009.

2007 Estate Pinot Noir
The goal behind the Estate bottling is to make a wine that represents the entire farm as a whole. We achieve this by selecting small parcels of fruit from every combination of rootstock/scion, slope, and soil profile on the property. We keep all lots separate through vinification, then bring them together for a harmonious blend in the bottle, full of nuance and complexity. This bottling is always the most representative of the growing year and is the most classic example of Johan Vineyards’ true terroir.

*BerserkerDay VIII deal: $120 + free ground shipping. Limited to the first 12 “3-packs” sold

*** * * * * * * * * * Deal 2 * * * * * * * * * ***
Chardonnay Vertical Sampler 3-pack__We feel the Chardonnay on the property results in some of the most compelling and terroir-driven wine from we see from the vineyard. We’ve put together a vertical sampler of each of the three Chardonnays we make, varying in style and approach.

2011 Visdom Chardonnay
The Visdom (wisdom in Norwegian) bottling is a study of secondary and tertiary aromatic development in Chardonnay. With extended aging prior to bottling, we see the focus shift from fruit intensity to our true vineyard expression. After 18 months of barrique aging (33% new), the wine was bottled with a small amount of lees to allow the wine to stay in contact with the yeast taking advantage of the complexities that develop with late stage yeast autolysis.

2012 Konkret Chardonnay
The Konkret (concrete in Norwegian) bottling is an isolation of our older vine Dijon Chardonnay, planted at the base of the vineyard. Although the lower slope has deeper soils, the soil has the highest concentration of granite beneath these vines. There is a mineral expression we capture here, and we then further encourage this expression by fermenting the juice in concrete tanks. After 2 months of native fermentation, we transferred the wine to Feuillette (30gal) barrels, to undergo malolactic fermentation and an additional 12 months of aging.

2013 Noble Chardonnay
In late September 2013 Mother Nature threw us a curveball in the form of a six-inch torrential downpour over four unforgettable days – commonly referred to in the Oregon wine industry as the great ‘monsoon’. This bizarre weather event presented the opportunity to try our first “Noble” Chardonnay. On a cold winter day in December, we harvested only the most perfect botrytized clusters, and pressed the wine to yield just enough juice to fill one barrique. Bright acidity cuts through the residual sugar, resulting in a nicely balanced dessert wine, perfect for any cheese plate or light dessert.

BerserkerDay VIII deal: $100 + free ground shipping. Limited to the first 10 “3-packs” sold

*** * * * * * * * * * Deal 3 * * * * * * * * * ***
“Pet-Nat” of Pinot Noir 3-packchampagne.gif
2015 Pétillant Naturel*
Pétillant Naturel is a method of producing sparkling wine by bottling the wine during the primary, alcoholic fermentation to capture the carbon dioxide that is being naturally released (also referred to as “Methode Ancestrale”). This sparkling rosé was made from all estate-grown, biodynamic certified Pinot Noir grapes. The fruit was picked relatively early, at lower sugars and higher acidity. The wine fermented in a stainless steel tank before it was bottled at the tail end of its primary fermentation mid-December, 2015. Bottled unfiltered, contains lees: pour off slowly or invert to evenly distribute.

BerserkerDay VIII deal: $60.00 for a 3-pack, $100 for a 6-pack + free ground shipping

**We will be offering a 20% off special for all WineBeserkers who purchase any of the 3 sampler packs offered…applicable to the retail pricing on all of our Johan wines for the next 6 months (*keep in mind: quantities are limited on some of the wines offered for WineBerserker Day!).Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this community! Your support makes this all possible![thankyou.gif] flirtysmile******To order email Morgan at morgan@johanvineyards.com**Please leave your phone number so we can get back to you for your shipping and CC information
Visit us at Facebook: Johan Vineyards
or on Instagram: Johan Vineyards (@johanvineyards) • Instagram photos and videos
IMG_6702.JPG

Ordered a 6 pack of the Petillant Naturel last year and will be doing so again this year. A really interesting bubbly that comes with a “Pop top”. I still have one left and may need to open it soon.

The Petillant Naturel is very food-friendly. I got a fair amount of guava on the palate, which I found interesting and enjoyable.

Got your order Dave! Thanks so much for the support, and glad you enjoy our bubbly. We’ve been surprised how nicely the 2014 has aged since its release…we’ve put some down in the cellar just to see how well a petnat can hang.

champagne.gif

+1 on the Pet Nat. Fun wine

Don’t sleep on these 07 Pinots. They are great with food and current release prices for a 8+ year old wine!

I poured them often at Nodoguro.

Thanks Paul! Whenever we decide to taste an '07, we often pull a Three Barrel or Nils, but we opened an '07 Estate the other day and it was so lively, with nicely balanced tannins and bright fruit & acidity… It’s great to see the three Pinots all evolve so nicely, just goes to show how solid of a vintage 2007 really was [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the nice words. I agree, the guava note is quite exotic. We’ve begun farming our sparkling block a bit differently in order to slow the ripening of the fruit in order to retain acidity and nail down all of those great aromatics we enjoy so much. Glad you like it!
champagne.gif

I got mine. As Paul said these are great wines. The PetNat is a steal! champagne.gif

I just got a case of pet nat.

any more of those Pinot 3 packs with free shipping left…?

Don’t drink it all at once. It really gains in expression of the vineyard as it ages taking on black tea and orange peel.

I have just a couple left!

Got your order. Thanks for jumping on it!

Stay tuned, as I’ll be putting up a little bonus offer at 4:00pm PST… Geeks get ready!

I loved the pet nat last year. One of my favorites from BD.

k.

PetNat for me … the Dirty & Rowdy PetNat got me interested … will be fun to see how this Rose plays out.

Ready and waiting :slight_smile:

… Sorry for the delay. Got caught up in the cellar…
IMG_6882.JPG
Here’s our HAPPY HOUR 3-PACK OFFER for all the wine geeks out there…
The above pic is from racking the 2015 Drueskall and 2015 Blaufränkisch a couple weeks ago.GEEK 3-PACK:

2014 Grüner Veltliner
The range of fruit maturity with which this grape can be harvested to lend itself to different styles. The resulting wines can vary from lean and herbal, to highly textured and exotic smelling depending on the vineyards ability to ripen the fruit. The varietal character is intense in the 2014 vintage. Our site produces fruit that wants to be rich and exotic producing significant texture for its meager alcohol levels. We prefer this style for our own taste and encourage it by aging the wine in puncheon (132gal) for 10 months with full solids.

2014 Drueskall Pinot Gris
The Drueskall (“grape skin” in Norwegian) is an orange wine made from the Pinot Gris grape. Our goal is to craft a wine that has the structure of a red wine combined with a full range of tertiary white wine aromas. We continue to refine the vinification of this wine, incorporating both carbonic maceration and whole berry fermentation, with the duration of skin contact ranging from 10 to 30 days. The pressed wine then ages for 15 months before bottling to encourage its wild nature.

2013 Blaufränkisch
Like Pinot Noir, the Blaufränkisch grape has a wonderful transparency and is highly sensitive to its environment. The goal is to find a consistency in expression of terroir over multiple grape varieties from our site. Our Estate Blaufrankisch shows a likeness to the sanguine and iron minerality that defines our Pinot Noir but with more nervy acidity and a darker deeper fruit profile.

BerserkerDay VIII deal: $80.00 for the 3-pack + free ground shipping – available for the remainder of the evening!
Email Morgan, morgan@johanvineyards.com to order!

Sorry for the delay Josh! Get your GEEK PACK on [thumbs-up.gif]