WINESAVE - "keeping opened wine perfectly"

Hello Berserkers - this is our very first time participating in BerserkersDay and we want to do something really special!

winesave®️ is a wonderful and for many, indispensable tool for maximizing the enjoyment of your wines. John Gilman (author of “View from the Cellar”) sums it up when he says “….it is the Krug Champagne of wine preservation systems and has dramatically changed how often I am able to enjoy the wines in my cellar”. Being able to keep wine perfectly in an opened bottle for later (even weeks later) is very liberating! Have as many bottles as you wish open at the same time and never feel compelled to finish them right away.

For BerserkersDay, we are offering an unprecedented 50% discount! Just go to http://www.winesave.com/buyOnline/buy-online-USA.htm and enter the code: WB17. At this discount your cost per use will be about 10 cents!
IMG_8961.JPG

I absolutely LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it (apparently too) often and I have no clue WHY it works, but it really does. I blew through my first bottle with a heavy finger (more than the one second recommended burst, apparently) and am now on my second. Used it last night to seal up my 2011 Cabot Marier Syrah, of course…not that there was much left…

This is very interesting. How long have you kept wine using this, Todd?

Grabbed a couple of cans to try out. Great offer.

The longest I’ve gone is 8 days, but normally 2-3 days. Honestly, I’m very sensitive to wine getting ‘stale’ - tried doing the ‘pour into a half bottle’ method, tried pumping the air out, tried combinations of the two and putting it in the fridge, but the wine degrades. One of these days I need to invest in one of the fancy ones but for now this works so well I’ve had 3 bottles ‘sealed’ with it at once, with no issues. In fact, I do recall ONE time a bottle seemed to age a bit, after 2 days, but it was at the tail end of the canister so I’m not sure I even got any argon in there.

Love em, honestly, and this price is nuts.

Thanks for the review Todd. I’ll grab a couple bottles based on your rec.

I went in based on your review, Todd. Thanks!

Damn…pressure’s on! If it fails, I’m in trouble.

Trying to buy 3 bottles. Says the coupon code WB17 is invaled

I sent Daryl an email - hopefully he checks soon

same here

I wonder if it’s because they are in another continent and it was set to expire at midnight (their time)

Tried the code, it works for me in the US.

Does anyone know how this compares to Private Preserve canisters? I currently use that as my source of argon gas for any non-Coravin-able bottles (screw tops + whiskey) I may have. The main difference I see is that Private Preserve uses a more rigid plastic straw and Winesave has a more flexible rubber one. My main gripe with Private Preserve is that I don’t have a nice place to store the plastic straw after use. I can’t see how the rubber extension gets stored with the Winesave, does anyone know if it’s stored separately or if they have a slick way of keeping it with the canister?

just ordered 2 cans, discount is working (for me at least!)

Jay - just had our IT man check the system and he says all ok. Not sure if he had to fix something but the important thing it’s working properly now. But…if you still experience a problem, let me know and we can take care of your order another way.

Bob - can you try again? Our IT man says it’s working. (I suspect that Todd’s explanation is correct - we’re in Australia and he may not have correctly allowed for the tome difference.)

Winesave differs in another important way from Private Preserve (and all other preservation products in an aerosol canister) - it contains ONLY argon. Private Preserve uses “a blend of inert gases”. Since it’s well known in the industry that argon alone is the the most effective “separator” of wine from air, it is not clear why others use blends of gas. It is possible that it’s because argon (which comprises just one atom) is very difficult to keep in can. As atoms are very small, the gas will easily escape thru even a sophisticated valve. Adding other gases, 'thickens" the content. Winesave has successfully created a valve that will hold argon even under high pressure. All other products using pure argon utilise quite expensive dispensing devices.
The rubber hose is quite flexible and most users seem to leave it attached to the can…
winesave std & mini 1033_HR.jpg

Cool, thanks for the info! I didn’t realize Private Preserve wasn’t 100% Argon! Somehow I always assumed it was, but looking at the description of Private Preserve, you’re correct, they only claim 100% inert gas. I’m going to get some of these Winesaves to try out then!

The rubber hose does seem more convenient then! I find reattaching the straw to Private Preserve one of the more annoying aspects of using it. Now my only problem now is what do I do with the extra Private Preserve canisters I won’t be using much of anymore…

Daryl -

That smaller format canister in the pic looks slick. It’d be really nice to have that for traveling to friend’s houses but I don’t see it being sold on your site?

The only glitch I saw was the site says buy two bottles get free shipping even after the code is applied, but I still get billed $5 for shipping. But 2 for the price of 1 I can’t really complain. If it works :slight_smile:. Looking forward to trying.